It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Chipping Away Making It Home.

Our Location today is Sugarloaf Key, Florida.

Even though the distance we drove yesterday was not that much it did seem to tire us out. Combine that with the warm humid air we had while setting up the trailer when it came time for us to go to bed last night the only other thing we remember was waking up this morning. 

Once we’d eaten breakfast we relaxed at the computers making certain we were caught up on everyone’s blogs that we follow before starting to set things up to make ourselves comfortable for the duration of our stay here. Kathy’s job was to cook up her Corned Beef Hash that she had been wanting for a while. 
57 Chevy Golfcart.
Since the sun is on our door side I attempted to put the sunshade onto our awning but with the breeze I needed to peg the bottom down. This is where I had a problem because the standard tent pegs that we have would not penetrate the ground that we are parked on. The solution was to find the tent pegs that I had long ago made for myself but even after looking through all the bins in the basement I couldn’t find them. 
Highway 1 from our campground.
Kathy called me for lunch where the aroma of our meal would have been enough to satisfy me. Enjoying the Corned Beef Hash as it melted in our mouths the thought of what container my pegs were in flashed in my mind but I never saw that container this morning. 

After helping Kathy with the dishes I again searched the basement with no luck. It then dawned on me that when I had packed the basement over a week ago that it was so full that I had put it in the forward storage box. 

Using the heaviest hammer that I had in my tool box it took nearly two minutes to pound each metal peg into this hard as rock ground. At one point I looked up to see one of the work-campers sitting on the golf cart just watching me pound a peg in and when I was finished he drove away shaking his head in disbelief. Nowhere else in this campground do you see any sunshades staked into the ground. Next I took the bicycles off the trailer and installed our storage skirt to put them in. 
Where the truck is parked is where I pounded pegs into the ground. 
I grilled a Farmer’s Sausage for supper to go with the wonderful salad that Kathy had made. Once the dishes were washed we went for a bicycle ride covering the complete park in little time so we headed out the gate down the road and to a path down a ways we had to turn around as the path was flooded out. 

With all this fresh air hopefully we’ll both sleep comfortably tonight. Kathy has planned a couple of places to go tomorrow so we should be seeing something different. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Two ants were running across the top of a cereal packet.

"Why are we running so fast?" asked one.

The other replied, "Because it says tear along the dotted line."

3 comments:

  1. Love the Keys. Aren't you sad to be leaving. I may have missed where your headed, but unless you make a left, you're headed to Georgia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We enjoyed the Keys last winter always fun checking out new places.
    We find most of the desert dirt here very hard, almost like cement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like your content it is really very inspiring for I guess I have selected a mind blowing and interesting blog.agibestreview

    ReplyDelete