It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, December 6, 2022

Dream Job Or Nightmare.

 

Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Even though the Burner was heating up the Feedscrew in the PTA at 6:00 this morning it would be past 7:30 before I hit the button. In the meantime, I managed to rebuild what the Machinist on the CNC Mill managed to destroy on another unit.

When I finally started working on the Third Feedscrew of that design it should have been a Dream instead it turned into a Nightmare. Unlike the others the Computer in the PTA would not do what the numbers were telling it to do. In the First Zone I had to stop the process and reset the Carriage position once. In the Second Zone I finally gave up trying to adjust the numbers and did all the centering using the dial. I still had to stop the Torch Six Times to reset the Carriage. I made it through the Third, Fourth and Fifth Zones unscathed. I didn’t have that many resets in the last Four Feedscrews that I did. Vinnie the Engineer finally agreed to get the PTA serviced but I still have to use it in the meantime. I finished burying that unit in the Sandbox just as the buzzer went off for lunch.

I spoke with Kathy while enjoying my lunch break.

There was another Repair that I used the TIG while the part was mounted in the Lathe. That meant as soon as I was finished Jason was able clean it up and get it ready for shipping.

It's actually very Cloudy.

I loaded the next Feedscrew into the PTA. Then fastening a Pencil to the Torch, I was able to do a Dry Run. Like another unit the Torch drifted on the start then held its course. I hope the same will happen for the others.

Kathy was happy to see me walk into the Apartment around 4:00 for the second time this week. It felt good but that doesn’t mean it will happen again this week.

After cleaning up the oldest Vegetables from the Fridge we added the Leftover Roast Beef to a modified Stir-Fry. The Wraps were tasty and filling plus there is enough for another meal.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You use the O on a stop sign to sight your new rifle.

No comments:

Post a Comment