It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, November 27, 2022

A Day Of Rest.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

I think before I went to bed last night that I might have Planned to get up early to the Alarm. Yes it is a day off work but things have to get done. Remember what I’ve said about using that word before. Normally it doesn’t happen and today was no different. I only woke once around 2:00 but fell right back to sleep. When the Alarm went off at my normal wake time of 4:45 I sat up shut it off, then I woke up at 8:30 under the covers. When I got up it felt like I had been drugged. I guess I needed the sleep more than I thought.

After a Pastry for breakfast, I got busy sorting the laundry. As soon as I had the Towels and Bedding separated, I took them downstairs to now the only Laundry Room in the building. All the Dryers were in use, but I snagged the last Two Washers.

Back upstairs while I was treating the rest of the clothes Kathy was already getting things out to put up our Christmas Tree. Being in a small Apartment we’ve had to downsize a lot including our Christmas Decorations.

Back at the Laundry Room as I transferred the Bedding and Towels to the Dryers, I immediately filled those Washers with more clothing.

Back at the Apartment Kathy had found a problem that was luckily contained in a Clear Plastic Storage Bin. There had been some Cans of carbonated drinks that had leaked most of their contents into the Bin. After emptying the rest of their contents in the sink our Recycle Bins needed to be emptied.

I didn’t linger too long outside due to the steady Rain that was falling. Inside I headed back to the Laundry Room just on time to fold the Bedding and Towels. A quick glance at the timers on the Dryers told me it would be Noon when the rest of the Laundry would be dry. That would take at least an Hour to do.

Telling Kathy that she quickly made us each a Roast Beef Sandwich from last night's Leftovers. They were delicious and would hold us over until supper.

It was past 1:00 when I returned with our Folded Laundry. After a short break and putting my clothes away, I assembled the Christmas Tree and made certain that the Lights were working. Kathy will be able to decorate it while I am at work.

With all the standing and walking on the cement floors at work the Arthritis in my feet has been acting up, so it was time to soak my feet in a hot Epson Salts foot bath. It was so relaxing as the pain disappeared that I almost fell to sleep sitting there.

I spent some time reading Blogs before starting to slice up Broccoli, Carrots, Cauliflower, Celery, Cherry Tomatoes, Onions, Peppers and Zucchini to make a Veggie Stir-Fry. I nearly cleaned up all the Vegetables we had in the Fridge. As usual they made excellent Veggie Wraps that were more than filling.

On the 6:00 o’clock Local News they talked about increased Coronavirus Cases in our Region and were advising the public to get Vaccinated or Boosted as soon as possible. We’ve been reading that the new Booster will protect you from the Omicron Variant, but it won’t be available until the New Year.

We read more Blogs this evening.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You know you’re getting old when you answer a question with, "Because I said so."

No comments:

Post a Comment