It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, November 29, 2022

A Mind Of Its Own.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

As I mentioned in last nights Blog there was a Feedscrew waiting for my special touch at 6:00 this morning. That mean pulling the TIG Welder half way around the Plant in order to use it at the Buffing Machine where the Screw was being worked on. It was nearly 7:30 before it was ready to go and the TIG was returned to it’s normal location.

I also mentioned last Thursday how Mile wanted me to weld a Feedscrew on the Plasma Transfer Arc for a fellow friend and local businessman. Unfortunately, the Transfer Arc would not follow the numbers that had been listed and the manufacturer that had built it was closed due to the Long US Thanksgiving Weekend.

Mile wanted me to give it another try since the PTA had worked perfectly when it came to the larger Ten Inch Feedscrew. For the next Two Hours I continued playing with the numbers without any luck. I even tried unsuccessfully what Alec had told me yesterday. Mile even stopped by trying to make suggestions, then walked away shaking his head.

Giving it one last try I noted that the Torch would move away from its programmed course, before running parallel to it. I repeated the test a few times before waving Mile over. Even after I explained and showed him what was happening I had to demonstrate how I would make it work. The Torch always went to the left and with the use of the Centering Control I could force it back to where it should be. We both had a chuckle that this problem making us lose our Hair over it.

Seeing the Arc Flash above the Welding Curtains Mile came back to see how things were going at 10:00. Even though I was constantly making adjustments it was working. I managed to run the Two Zone Feedscrew its entire length perfectly, making Mile very happy. With this being a Twin Flight the Three Hour process had to be repeated. Just like the first Flight the second started perfect but when it was only a Foot from the Second Zone the Torch took a drastic turn.

Hitting the Stop Button I noted that all the Numbers on the display were not the ones I had entered. Instead of the Five Inch Unit, it was showing a Two Inch Screw on the display. I had some grinding to do along with fixing the numbers. After it was restarted everything was going well until it hit the Second Zone where it became a nightmare to just get through the transition. Then I had to stop the PTA so it could be programmed for the different Zone.

There is no doubt that the company needs to get a Service Technician in to deal with the Computer issues we are having. With all the small Feedscrews that will need to be welded they can’t wait too long.

It was past 6:00 when I punched out. I let Kathy know I was on my way and picked up supper to bring home. Kathy had been working on the Christmas Tree and appreciated not having to cook. We did have some Pineapple for dessert.

With more than Twenty-Three Hours in Two Days this is not the job I want to do for long. Looks like it is time to have a little talk with Mile.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

What is red and smells like blue paint? Red paint.

2 comments:

  1. I think It's "About Time" to retire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa. It sounds like the work is interesting, with many puzzles to solve, but those are TWO LONG DAYS.

    ReplyDelete