It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, September 30, 2022

Rushed Start, Worked For An AXXhole and Broken Hip.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

After waking up and realizing that it was a Half Hour later then I’ve been getting up it did not take long to be dressed and out the door. This is where having everything ready the night before helps save time. Breakfast was simply a pastry but it did the trick.

I was surprised at the lack of traffic for that time of the morning but maybe everyone else had slept in as well. To say I was glad there were no Radar set up would be an understatement.

Still managing to have my Coveralls on before 6:00 Mile did not realize that I was scrambling.

Getting the usual touch ups done with time to spare I was able to mount the next Feedscrew that needed rebuilding in the PTA before 7:00. By 8:00 I had already started the welding process and was happy that my calculations are getting more accurate for programming the Computer.

It was close to 9:30 when I could hear commotion on the other side of the Welding Screens that are used to protect others in the plant from that Arc Rays caused by the welding. It was Mile driving the Forklift with a Contracted Electrician in an approved Lifting Basket. They removed all the high power consuming Mercury Lights and replaced them with new LED Shop Lights.

It wasn’t until the Electrician was finished that he said to me “I’m glad to see you got out of that other SXXXhole.” That’s when I recognized Mike who had done jobs for Paul and had even threatened Kharen.

Mile asked why he said that to me. His response was that I had worked for an AXXhole. I responded an Alcoholic. Mile looked at me and said that’s what I said at my interview when I would not say the name of the Company. According to Mike he was there for different jobs this year to see New Welders not even last a couple of Hours.

It took until after 1:00 before I finished the rebuild and had it buried in the Sandbox. The rest of the afternoon was more touch ups and being shown which jobs I need to start on Monday.

When I got home Kathy informed me that our good friend Kathie had fallen today and broke her hip. That will take time for her to heal.

The weather had been perfect for Kathy to have the Window and Door open today. Our entire weekend should be like that giving me the chance to finish sealing the Trailer Roof.

For supper I made a Stir-Fry that we enjoyed as Veggie Wraps along with a piece of Chocolate Cake for dessert.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight or experience that reveals the human spirit.

E.E. Cummings, American painter and author

No comments:

Post a Comment