It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, December 16, 2021

Setting It Right, Materials Arriving and 132nd Donation.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

I hate when things that happen come back to wake me through the night. Yesterday while speaking with Kharen he mentioned about having Gaskets for the Manifolds but never got back to me as to the size. What really came back was his mentioning Lower and Upper Pipes. I knew about the Lower Pipes but not the Upper. There was only one thing I could do to set my mind at ease.

As soon as I’d hauled my Tools and Belongings into the Compound I put my Coveralls on and headed in the Washer. It only took seconds to know what I was facing.

After doing my Morning Walk Around I immediately started making Upper Pipes. It would have been just some other reason for him to start his screaming. I was down to cleaning the Burrs from the Holes when Kharen showed up. Before he could say a thing I told him he must have been busy yesterday and had forgotten to get back to me about the Gaskets. I also took more of the wind out of his sails when I brought up the Upper Pipes.

As per usual he had me following him down to the Sump Pit where every time one of the Pumps was activating it would spray water towards the Line Workers. It didn’t take long to create a Deflector Shield that took care of the problem.

As soon as I had my first break I called Windsor Factory Supply first to check the status of the Order I had placed the other day. It included Gaskets for the Leaky Balancing Tube that are identical to what will be needed this coming weekend. Even better is the fact that the Balancing Tube is no longer Leaking. It has sealed itself due to the detergent that was put in the water. I recalled how difficult it is to get the Bolts and Nuts off those Manifolds so new ones were ordered.

I spent the remainder of the morning repairing Carriers that had been tossed behind the Baskets. This was the first time I lay eyes on them.

I had a chance to talk to Kathy at lunch time. The Wind was really rattling the Balcony Railing.

I’d barely gotten back to the Maintenance Compound when Tom from Shipping and Receiving showed up. The Beams that Paul ordered along with materials I had requested had all been delivered. Unlike the Pipes that I needed right away all this was brought into the Warehouse for storage.

The first thing I did when I got home was to take a shower. We were out the door by 4:15 for my 4:45 appointment. That was too much rushing.

Our destination was the Canadian Blood Services building where I made my 132nd Donation today. It seems to take less time then before Coronavirus because now you have to have an appointment to go in.

We stopped at the Wendy’s Drive-Thru where we picked up supper. Sitting in the Car while we ate we noticed Traffic seems to be moving faster as everyone is shopping for Christmas.

The moon was up before got home.

The 6 o’clock Local News reported 109 New Coronavirus bringing the Active Cases to 654 for the Windsor/Essex Region. The Medical Experts are pointing the finger at the Omicron Variant of the Coronavirus for the sudden rise in Cases.

This wasn't our high but look at the Wind.

The Weather Network showed we had a high temperature today of 59 F (15 C) feeling like 55 F (13 C) though our weather is now going to be more seasonal.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

What does a house wear?


A dress.

3 comments:

  1. The medical experts pointing the finger have no tests for any variant. Wondering how exactly they are proving it. Oh-just by the barely symptoms and the quick recovery. Sounds like a cold to me. Some researchers are saying it is the virus burning out and others that omicron is from double-jabbed people.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I've been away so long :D Your STILL working there?! LOL Hope your Xmas shopping is all done and decorations nicely hung.

    ReplyDelete