It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Making Progress, More Scars and White Stuff.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

It actually felt good to be sitting in the Truck when Paul returned from having his breakfast out. Before he could open the Employees Door I was already standing there with my Utility Cart loaded with all my belongings.

Having gotten Sixty Feet of Shielding out of our way yesterday the first thing Ivan and I did was to clamp the Line and break apart the Chain. That is one thing you don’t want taking off on you or it could take hours to fix. Once we had separated the Chain far enough it was time to start taking down the “I”-Beam. Due to all the corrosion that takes place sparks from the Cutting Torch managed to cause the makings of more scars than I already had. Unfortunately my Leather Welding Jacket had disappeared so I was doing it the way I did for many years Grin and Bear it. (You sound like a Bear when those Sparks get you.)

When I spoke to Kathy during my lunch she said it was really getting cloudy outside. Being inside the Washer I had no idea what it looked like outside.

By 3:30 we had already removed Forty Feet of “I”-Beam that was so worn it made us wonder how it lasted that long. According to Paul if was the Corrosiveness of the detergents that actually ate away at the Steel. We both started grinding the metal ceiling to get rid of any high spots that would affect how the Beam and Shields would set. Grinding over our heads for over an Hour soon had us calling it a day early.

Looking down at the parking lot and adjoining
neighbourhood after I got home.
It was 5:10 when we punched out but then we had more work to do. The Clouds that Kathy had seen covered our Trucks with Two Inches of Wet Snow that took Fifteen Minutes to clean.

It was 5:50 when I walked in the Apartment which was actually earlier then Kathy was expecting me. She made Banana/Almond Pancakes for supper.

The 6 o’clock Local News reported Coronavirus Cases for the Province of Ontario but not the Windsor/Essex Region.

The Weather Network showed we had a high temperature of 36 F (2 C) feeling like 32 F (0 C) before the Snow started coming down and we should see near Springlike Temperatures tomorrow.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.


Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.


Krackers

There was an explosion at a cheese factory in France.

De brie everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment