It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, September 18, 2021

Pleasing Paul and Cleaning Up.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

This sleeping an extra hour on Saturdays is starting to appeal to me allowing me to actually get extra sleep. It also applies to other people that are supposed to be opening the door for you when you get to the plant. I sat in the Truck waiting for Forty Minutes before that finally happened. I simply punched in before worrying about unlocking the Maintenance Compound and getting set up.

I was hauling my Toolbox in when Paul the Owner said I had to fix a Broken Wheel on the Carrier Oven before any of the other jobs on our List. I apologized for leaving before the Sweeper was repaired last night since it had been down for nearly a month. I also expressed that if it had been a Pump or Motor on the Line I would have stayed. He said he left right after I did for the same reason leaving Kharen to deal with the problem. He remembered that I had suggested it could be the Control Module causing the problem. A new one will arrive on Monday.

I’d barely gotten my Coveralls on when Ivan came in. He had told me about the job just after 3:00 yesterday. We searched unsuccessfully to find a Bolt long enough. Having dealt with issues like that in the past I simply cut Two Bolts and made One to fit by welding them together.

When it came to installing it on the Oven Cart Ivan listened to Paul about getting a Forklift to raise it up. By the time he returned I had the Wheel installed and was headed back to the Compound.

I was headed for the far Roof Drain Pipe with the Electrically Driven Eel and had the Clean-Out Port open before Ivan joined me. Everything came out clean with no Obstruction. Opening the Second Clean-Out became more of a challenge. With little pressure the One Stud that was only Twenty Percent of its original diameter snapped off.

We finished running the Eel up and down without any Blockage being detected. Kharen walked by only giving us a side glance and headed right out the door.

We stopped for our first break when we saw Paul. Waving him over we explained the Broken Bolt but I assured him I would either get it out or fixed. His response was to carry on at our own speed and he left.

No matter what I tried from my bag of tricks the broken part of Stud was not coming out. I then chopped the Head off a Machine Bolt and used a Stainless Welding Rod to attach it to the part of the Stud in the casting. I’d given Ivan the task of using Industrial Grade Silicone Sealer to build a new Gasket on the Access Plate. Paul simply gave us a Thumbs Up as he was heading towards the Shipping and Receiving. I hollered we were going to adjust the New Drive Motor Belts as they were too loose. We got another Thumbs Up.

Even though Ivan is scared of climbing Ladders he had no problem helping me because I explain why I do things a certain way. As he said I’m teaching him things.

We finally made it inside the Washer where we mounted Brackets that will support the Section Seven and Eight Link. Paul stopped by telling Ivan to Lock Up when we were done. After a few measurements for Upcoming Jobs we were leaving by 5:00 today unlike the last Two Weekends.

Since I had been telling Ivan about our Trailer he expressed wanting to see it. Even though I didn’t have the Keys to show him inside he was amazed at the Size on the outside. I even got him part way up the Ladder to see how the Solar Panels are connected on the roof.

After dropping him off at his home I was delayed by Two separate Goose Crossings that involved Thirty or more Geese crossing the road and stopping traffic in both directions.

Back at the Apartment Kathy wasn’t sure what time I’d be home and she wasn’t feeling well so she hadn’t gotten supper ready. It didn’t take long to have a Store Bought Thin Crust Vegetarian Pizza in the oven for our supper. As soon as she ate she started to feel better. We topped it off with the last of the Rhubarb Pie for dessert.

We turned on the 6 o’clock Local News late so we didn’t get any Coronavirus Numbers today for the Windsor/Essex Region

The Weather Network showed our Humidex felt like 82 F (28 C).

After my shower and doing a first Wash on my Coveralls in the Pail in the Bathtub I sorted the Laundry and headed downstairs. Luckily I brought my Laptop with me and was able to write the Blog downstairs.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

I’m great at multitasking. I can waste time, be unproductive and procrastinate all at once.

5 comments:

  1. Kathy, I feel for you sitting home alone every day. That's not easy after you've already had a taste of retirement. I hope this can end soon so you can get back to traveling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have decided not to go to the USA for the winter even if the border is open. So much unrest over there and the Delta variant is higher there than here. We will wait it out and see how things go. So decided to give it another year. Not entirely off our list but it is for now.

      Delete
  2. It sounds like you are becoming quite an asset to that company. The owner and co workers are appreciating your work ethic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I deleted my posts. Not trying to scare anyone. My guess is the border won't be open this year anyway, in spite of all the vaccine going around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A hard day's work, and you have to putter around to get home because of geese crossing!! Ha. Glad you are surviving.

    ReplyDelete