It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, May 10, 2021

Stupid Updates, 129th and Numbers.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

By not being cold at night as we try to sleep at night made a big difference in the quality of what sleep we did get.

The first thing I looked for when opening the Balcony Blinds this morning was the Sun. Unfortunately the Clouds were so thick in the sky it was nowhere in sight. With a simple breakfast planned I managed to get a head start on checking things out on my Computer. The temperature was only Four Degrees from our daytime high and of all Thirty-Eight Job Ads sent for me to examine there was only One that I submitted an Application to.

When Kathy joined me she remembered waking only One Time but otherwise slept soundly.

We took our Coffee/Tea back to the Computers where I started reading E-Mails and morning Blogs. From one of the Comments I realize now that not everyone whose Blog I read or comment on believed they were on our Sidebar. If I didn’t have it set up the to show the Twenty-Five most recent posts the list would cover Three or more days of long posts.

I’ve written before how much I hate when there are Automatic Updates to our Computers because they cause problems. Normally we can’t use our Printer so I simply go in the Settings and remove the Update called One-Note and everything works again. (It will be back the next time it Updates.) Today after filling in a Questionnaire and making the adjustment the Printer still would not work.

It’s been a while so we had Grilled Cheese Sandwiches with Olive Garnishings for lunch. Since there was the chance of a late supper we also had a Pudding Cup, a shared Mandarin Orange and a slice of Homemade Fruit/Nut Bread that our daughter Karen sent home with us last night.

Breaks in the Clouds.

Back at the Computer I finished my Coffee before hitting the shower. We were heading out the door close to 3:00.

Blue Sky.

We thought for certain we’d be seeing some Rain this afternoon because of the Cloud Cover but when we arrived at the Canadian Blood Services building we finally saw a patch of Blue Sky.

There are still plenty of Restrictions due to Coronavirus in place. Last year you simply needed to wear a Mask. Then by the end of the year you had to wear a Surgical Mask. Today you needed to wear a Fresh Mask they handed to you and discard the old one.

Because our Printer would not work I had to again fill out another Questionnaire on one of the available Tablets before being Screened. A Half Hour after I walked in I was heading back to the Car having made my 129th Donation. Kathy had managed to read quite a few chapters in her non-fictional book. It was still nice getting out of the Apartment.

More Blue Sky.

On the 6 o’clock Local News we were told of 38 New Coronavirus Cases in the Windsor/Essex Region bringing the Active Cases to 367 of which 173 were Variants of Concern. They also reported 1 more Coronavirus Death bringing the Total Deaths to 417 in the area.

The high temperature here reached 54 F (12 C) but felt cooler because of the westerly Breeze and the Cloud Cover. There is a good chance of more Rain tomorrow with similar temperatures.

We had Chicken Kabobs with Spanish Rice for supper but there was a slight problem. We had to remove the skewers because of the size of the Chicken Chunks that been used. Cooking them in a Frying Pan they would have been raw in the middle if we had left them together.

We later watched an episode of “Criminal Minds” this evening.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

The man who has no imagination has no wings.

Muhammad Ali, Boxer

6 comments:

  1. I give you a lot of credit for getting out for your blood donations even as the restrictions get tighter.👍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Years ago, after my stroke I was not allowed to donate anymore due to medication. I just found out that my now lone aspirin is allowed and so we will begin again... I am O- and so very rare and compatible with all others. Could be handy if I ever have occasion to need it myself also because although anyone can take O blood, O people can take no other.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even on a BBQ grill kebobs are difficult to cook as the veggies are done before the meat. With so many blood donations under your belt, do they give you some kind of recognition when you reach certain numbers, like 130 or 150?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a lot of blood. Just think of all the lives you might have saved. Good job 👍

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on the blood donation! That's quite the accomplishment! I hate updates on the computer but even more so on my phone!

    ReplyDelete