It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, November 9, 2020

Getting Answers, Progress Made On The Trailer and Tasty Meal.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge.

I was wide awake and getting things ready for breakfast by 7:30 this morning. It was already comfortable enough outside to open the Balcony Door while I sat at my Computer getting caught up on my morning reading.

With hopes of getting a few other things completed today at 9:00 I cracked open the Bedroom Window Blinds to allow in the Sunlight. Just like yesterday within a couple of minutes Kathy woke up to join me for breakfast.

We talked about what we need to get done in the next couple of days before Kathy moved to her Computer. I finished my morning chores before heading back to the living room. It was time to do more Phone Calls that seem to be evasive.

When I called the Billing Department at VitalAire about a bill we are just now getting from Two Years ago. I spoke to Sonia who is working from Home so it took her some time to find the file. It was for supplies called Wraps that Kathy needs to protect her face from her CPAP Mask. It seems that both Kathy and I are allergic to the Silicone the Masks are made from. She needs the Wraps so the Mask Material don’t cause us problems. When she got her Wraps our Medical Carrier paid for them which was normal. They later decided that those were not covered and rescinded the payment without notifying us but now VitalAire did. Sonia sent me the printout so I can call them but marked the Bill on the file as Questionable.

In order to accomplish things during this nice weather we had Grilled Cheese Sandwiches with Dill Pickle Garnishes with a Yogurt Cup and Pecan Tart for dessert.

Having already gathered my Tools earlier I was leaving the Apartment while Kathy stayed behind to do more cleaning.

The other day I was talking about looking for a 12 Volt Compressor that I want for the Car. Today when I arrived at Guardian Storage the first place I went to was our Climate Controlled Storage Unit to pick up some special Tools and our 3HP 120 Volt Compressor. This Compressor is a little too large to carry in the Truck and normally resides in the Trailer Basement.

Back at the Trailer I set up my Work-Mate Bench to start repairing the Two Cabinet Shelves that had started to come apart. Like most RV Manufactures they build things quick and easy rather then building it like a piece of Furniture. The first thing I had to do was cut Two Twenty-Two Inch Lengths of wood from the piece I puchased last week. Then I had to Rip them into pieces Three Quarter Inch Square with a Handsaw. That took nearly a Half Hour because the Saw has seen a lot of use and is starting to get dull.

With everything ready to assemble I rearranged the back of the Truck so I could plug the Compressor into our Honda Generator. I have to admit that I have been delinquent in exercising our Generator but I got Lucky.

When we were having problems with our Generator in the Arizona Desert John said he only ran High Test Gasoline in his because the lower grades had Ethanol in them which attracts Moisture. I simply added High Test to what was already in the container and topped off the Generator. Five Minutes after starting it the idle improved. Before returning to Ontario I added Gas Stabilizer and topped the Generator off with the High Test Mix.

Today it took a single pull of the starter rope for our Generator to fire up and begin powering the Compressor. The Brad Nailer did a wonderful job and everything was assembled in no time. There was a little problem that stopped me from actually installing them today. After closing up and putting tools back in the Storage Unit I was ready to head back home. First I called to tell Kathy I was on my way.

As soon as I walked into the Apartment Kathy started serving supper. She made Biscuits, sauteed Green Beans with Mushrooms and bone-in Pork-Chops with Tomatoes for a side. It all tasted wonderful and we didn’t even need Dessert.

Kathy had a special on Television when I walked in so we didn’t see our Local News until 11:00 this evening. Tomorrow we’ll finish off the Trailer along with other things. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your mother has been involved in a fist fight at a high school sports event.

4 comments:

  1. Those RV's require so much repair work! I'm still working on the door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep we've found that out even with our new Mansion. In the end Ken ends up fixing the problems as after taking it in for service it falls apart on the way home! Good for you for fixing the issues! Dinner looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It certain is a plus that you can fix so many things on your own.

    ReplyDelete