It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Wrong Numbers, Running Around and Our Neighbours Are Moving.

Our Location today is McGregor, Ontario, Canada.

After putting up with the bug that kept coming back yesterday we were certain that we would sleep soundly last night. I made certain of that by taking an Extra Strength Tylenol before going to bed. Thinking that by getting rid of any aches or discomforts I’d be home free. We both managed to fall asleep almost instantly but an hour later I was awake tossing and turning with my mind refusing to stop thinking of the jobs I did while still working. I added a Regular Strength Tylenol two hours later that finally stopped the memories but at 6:55 we were both awakened to the sound of the telephone going off. As soon as I answered the words “Oops” sounded from the other end of the line before it we dead. 

Even though I did fall back to sleep by 8:00 I couldn’t sleep anymore so got up to start my morning routine. Before I had turned the Water Kettle on to boil Kathy was joining me downstairs. With a morning appointment pending we minimized our time getting our morning reading done at the Computers. While I was making the bed upstairs my cell phone started going off in the kitchen. At least this time the woman was asking for “Charles” instead of just hanging up. 

By 10:50 we arrived at Fantastic Sam’s in Windsor for our Overdo Haircuts. Jenna was running slightly behind schedule because of so many walk-ins being there at opening time. She still managed to get us both looking human once again by the time we left at 11:30. I could hear her and Kathy plotting on how we could smuggle her into the US just so we wouldn’t be getting Bad Hair Cuts while we are away but unfortunately her family would miss her. 

With more errands to run before heading Home and with lots of Construction Delays along the way we stopped at McDonalds for lunch. We find their Sweet Chili Wrap to be more then satisfying and one of the healthiest choices on the menu. 

Our next stop was Guardian Storage to get our mail before driving over to Walmart. We had gone there looking for lots of things but the only things we did walk out with was groceries. 

We drove over to the Tecumseh Home Hardware Building Center where Kathy did some casual browsing while I went to the Plumbing Section. With the help of an associate I was able to find some plastic fittings that with some minor modification will work perfectly on our new Waste Barrel. It was funny how he cringed when I described what the pieces would be used for.

We were back Home at Wildwood Golf and RV Park by 2:30 this afternoon. Our new neighbour Stan started talking to us as soon as we arrived. He then shocked us to say our neighbours and friends Larry and Nichol were moving to a different site. When we spoke to them later we found out they have been on their present site for ten years and they had applied for another site three years ago. Last week the person occupying that site passed away so the family removed the RV and they were offered the site on Monday. Since we weren’t feeling too well and didn’t want to share our misfortune we hadn’t talked to anybody. That means we’ll have to go to their new site to visit. 
Perogies with Sour Cream, Bacon and Cheese.
Kathy did some bookkeeping while I managed to modify the plastic fittings we purchased today. By the time I washed up Kathy had already cooked Perogies for supper. We have plans for getting a lot more accomplished tomorrow.  We didn’t get anymore Wrong Numbers. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

Joke of the Day

Classic Bumper Sticker #257

This would be really funny if it wasn't happening to me.

1 comment: