It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, June 11, 2017

Summer Heat In Spring, Chance Meetings and Game Cancelled.

Our Location today is McGregor, Ontario, Canada.

It was the second night in a row that we slept with our windows open and we were just barely comfortable. When we woke this morning, the temperature was already 79 F (27 C) but feeling like 90 F (32 C). We were fortunate that there was a steady breeze that was keeping us cool and when the wind would gust we were just comfortable.

Breakfast was lite and we finished our morning Coffee/Tea at the Computers. As soon as my cup was empty I started doing my inside chores. Since there was already plans made for later this afternoon the chores for the day were kept simple as we tried to avoid using out Air Conditioner. Standing outside for the short time that it took to empty our waste tanks even though I was keeping Hydrated my energy level was sapped.

For lunch Kathy once again kept it lite making a nice French Onion Soup for the main course with a Yogurt cup for desert. We did up the dishes before we thought about Relaxing. Kathy finished reading the book she started yesterday and started another. Since I’ll be using the table saw to cut the materials for the Shelving and Cabinet Modifications I needed to make a list of all the pieces to be used. Referring to my measurement plans it took nearly an hour to make my list. 
Roads were surprisingly empty most of the day.
We were out the door headed to Windsor by 3:00 with a number of stops to make before our appointed time of 5:30. We were going to attend our grandson Matthew’s Indoor Soccer Game that Kathy had verified Online before we left Home.

The first stop we made was at the Bulk Barn on Walker Road where we find it so much easier to buy the different ingredients to make our own blend of Trail Mix. Rather then getting the Ready-Made Packages that are overly salted, have things that neither of us like and not enough of what we do like this works better for us. As we were about to Check-Out Kathy ran into Kelly who used to Baby-Sit Kathy’s children years ago. After a short talk, we were back on our way. 

The next stop was Home Depot where I ran into Gord whom I worked with for over twenty-five years. Because of the time I only briefly talked with Gord. We picked up the Full Extension Drawer Glides I’ll need to modify one section of our Pantry. I also looked for a Four Foot by Four Foot section of ¼” plywood but since there was none Kathy suggested just getting two smaller pieces. Something told me not to get them but I did.

We stopped at Wendy’s next where we enjoyed their Chicken Wraps off of their Value Meals Menu for supper. Since it was only 90 F (32 C) but feeling like 104 F (40 C) outside we also needed something to cool down so we each had a small Frosty to top off our meal. 

Now we had to get across town by 5:30 and it was nice to see the west end of the E.C. Rowe Expressway had no Construction Delays but we barely got there on time. Having lived on the west-end for a number of years I knew a lot of shortcuts. I dropped Kathy at the door and went to park the car. I was just approaching the door when Kathy came out saying “Nobody is here!” A call to our son Kevin verified the game had been cancelled and they forgot to tell us and nobody posted it Online. We missed a visit with our daughter-in-law Jennifer and our grandsons Connor and Haigan because we thought there was a game. I had Kathy stay inside while I retrieved the car.

We found the nearest Dollarama and walked around for a few minutes to cool down and to walk off supper. We did manage to find a few more storage containers that we needed as well as a few packs of mints before heading for Home. We were able to take the new Herb Grey Parkway which cut fifteen minutes off our trip. 
Here is how to travel without AC.
Once we were Home I looked at my Materials List that I’ll need tomorrow. When I examined the list of pieces of plywood that are needed I realized that I will only make two pieces from the panels I got today. I’ll have to return them and get a full sheet if necessary.

We are hoping to sleep with our windows open again tonight and tomorrow’s temperatures are supposed to be Hotter. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Everyone has to get into your car through the same door.

No comments:

Post a Comment