It's about time.

Many of you that can relate to this. Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Short Trip To The New Site, Moved But Not Organized.

Our Location today is McGregor, Ontario, Canada.

We must have been tired from yesterdays activities because the moment our heads hit our pillows we fell straight to sleep. Having the windows open and the temperature dropping to 50 F (10 C) did give cause to an early morning scurry to close the windows. Yet by 7:30 this morning I was up and getting things ready for breakfast. Since we were changing sites today I started closing down the Computers and turning our Rocker/Recliners for travel. Kathy suddenly came bolting downstairs having just woke up and realizing today was moving day. Even though it was only a short move for the trailer we also had to move our Garden Shed and all its contents.

Since we still need our Main Slide to be repaired it was just a matter of Kathy operating the Control Button while I pushed from the outside making it go in perfectly.  By 9:30 we had the trailer closed and were pulling it off our old site on 3rd Street for the last time. While Kathy would simply walk the hundred feet to wait for my arrival my trip was a little trickier. Because of the angle of all the streets to the Main Road I had to pull the trailer around the Loop in front of the Park Clubhouse. By the time I was turning down 4th Street Kathy had already spoken to the neighbour across the street about moving his Pickup so we would have room to maneuver. It looked like everyone on the street was out to see this huge trailer being backed in on this tight street. In less then five minutes we had the trailer where we needed. By that time we’d towed the trailer all of .7 Kilometers or .4 Miles.

Since it is just over two months since we returned from the Southwest we both noticed we seemed to be “Out of Sync” as far as setting up camp. We almost had the trailer leveled front to back when we realized we were way off the mark from side to side which should have been the first thing we should have done. We were luckily still hooked up to the truck so that was only a fifteen-minute delay. By 10:30 the trailer was level and the slides were out with Kathy again operating the Control Button while I pushed from the inside making it go out. 
Our Garden Shed yesterday on our old site.
Now the fun was about to begin. Because we have Warranty Work scheduled on the trailer that will require the removal of the rear basement wall most of our gear is being stored in our Garden Shed. With both Kathy and I working together it was nearly noon before we had it empty and I’d lifted the plywood floor. While Kathy went inside to make our lunch I was able to remove all the Anchors that were holding it down.

We had a twenty-minute break for lunch before we headed back to work. Now we only had to move the Shed about fifty-feet but we couldn’t do it alone. I removed the doors to make it easier. With Kathy, Jim and Maynard helping to balance the shed we slid it onto our Utility Cart and then just guided it over to the other cement pad. “Thanks Guys we’ll definitely owe a few favours for your help”
Where our Garden Shed sat yesterday.
Now we needed to fasten the Garden Shed to its new site but I don’t have a Hammer Drill. Kathy was just about to drive to Windsor to rent one when she thought we should ask our son Kevin if he had one we could borrow. A quick call confirmed her thoughts and she was soon headed to Amherstburg to borrow that drill. 
Our old site will have new occupants on Saturday.
Our trailer and shed are on the upper right corner of the picture.
While Kathy was gone I managed to mark where the holes in the cement had to be drilled and then moved the shed slightly so they could be drilled in the cement. I then started hauling the Contents of the Shed over from the Old Site looking at the clouds that were building and praying the rain would hold off.

As soon as Kathy got back with the Hammer Drill it took less then a half an hour to get all those holes drilled. Using as standard drill would have taken at least two hours and a few Drill Bits. Once the Shed was fastened in place and the floor replaced it was time to start putting things away. Kathy had been hauling more of our things over so when we both worked together we had everything off our Old Site by 3:00. Even though the temperature was in the seventies the Sun made it feel much warmer and we couldn’t seem to get enough to drink. We didn’t finish getting everything back in the shed until nearly 5:00 and we were both tired.
Our New Site.

After closing up, washing up and changing our clothes we headed out to the Michigan Dinner in Essex for supper. Ordering their special for the day Spare Ribs. We were both surprised that we just didn’t have the appetite to eat it all so we have leftovers for tomorrow’s supper.

The rain finally arrived in the form of two inches. That’s two inches between each droplet and that was it. I’ll be watering all the plants in the morning. We are both so tired we’ll be in bed early. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

You Might Be a Redneck If

You're currently driving on four skinny spare wheels.


  1. Glad you got moved to your new site. Enjoy!

  2. I like your new site!!! More pictures when you're all set up?

  3. Now that sounds a lot easier than I expected!

  4. Glad you were able to move it without any problems.

  5. Sounds like the move went smooth. Looking forward to more pictures. Enjoy your new yard.

  6. Doesn't sound like too much fun with that cantankerous slide. At least you found a work-around. With my luck, if my slide needed to be pushed out, it would probably fall all the way out. ;c)