It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, April 1, 2017

Checking The Roof, Finding The Path To The Beach and New Neighbours.


Our Location today is Elephant Butte State Park, New Mexico, U.S.A. 

When we came Home from having dinner out last night it took a while for us to be able to walk inside the trailer. Since the Wind had calmed down it felt strange to be walking on a floor that wasn’t swaying like being in a boat. It did feel nice getting to bed between those nice comfortable Winter Sheets especially with my Raynaud’s making me colder then most. 

When we first came to the southwest last Fall bit by bit our bodies adjusted to Arizona Time and because of the cold temperatures outside it felt comfortable to sleep in until nearly 8:00 in the morning. For the last month what I have been trying to do is readjust myself to waking up at the time I would if we were back in McGregor but it isn’t working and I know why. We are still getting to bed late at night here so we are too tired to wake up earlier in the morning. 
We didn’t wake up until nearly 8:30 MDST this morning and even though everything was quiet with no winds battering the trailer it was also very dim. Opening the Window Shades it revealed a cloud filled sky that made it appear the Sun was about to set. Looking at the inside thermometer it showed the temperature to only be 41 F (5 C) so it didn’t take long to turn on our Electric Fireplace to once again cut the dampness. 

We enjoyed breakfast and reviewed our up coming travels and destinations that we had researched yesterday. Taking our Coffee/Tea over to the Computers it seemed like a near loosing battle to even get On-line. It was probably from the density of the clouds blocking the signal to the Cell Towers. As the Sun started to brighten things up we started researching the Weather Forecasts in the areas we are planning to make stops in. It was disheartening to see that each one of them including McGregor had higher temperatures then we are sitting at. Even today’s forecast for Elephant Butte National Park was calling for on and off showers all day. 
Once our morning reading was over and our inside chores were finished I put my sweater on to go do some outdoor chores. The minute I went outside I was ready to go find another layer to put on but figured I’d warm up as I worked. After having read other blogs on how the bolts to their Solar Panels had somehow come off I thought it would be wise to just take a look. By the time I got up on the roof I was really getting cold. I was very happy to see there were no missing or loose bolts on the Solar Panels. When I attached them to the Pads I used Nylock Nuts which allows for them to be slightly loose without them coming apart. The bolts that Wing Nuts were used Lock Washers were added which allows for me to position the Solar Panels without difficulty and keeps the Bolts snug when traveling down the road. 

Just as I finished re-securing our Ladder on the back of the trailer it started to rain so I stepped inside. Kathy was happy everything was secure especially after the high winds we’ve been getting. 
When the rain stopped I went back outside to find a path where we could hike down to the beach. I found multiple paths that would give us easy access. While walking an All-Wheel Drive Flatbed Tow Truck came driving away from the beach with a Dually Pickup as its prize. That’ll be a costly bill! Around that same time a couple drove by pulling their big Fifth Wheel down to the water’s edge. I barely got back to B Loop when it started raining again and I was a little damp before getting back inside the trailer. 

Kathy had been busy getting lunch ready. She had made some Chicken Noodle Soup, Crackers with Cheese and she used the last of the Strawberries on Yogurt for a dessert topped off with a hot cup of Coffee. 
I had planned on vacuuming the sand from inside the truck today but each time I was about to go outside the rain came in waves. Even though we didn’t have yesterday’s High Winds it seemed the Wind increased each time it began to Rain. After the fourth attempt to go out I just settled in at the Computer. While Kathy took the time to do some reading I monitored the weather and did some research of my own. Our Temperature reached a high of 55 F (13 C) for the day but it didn’t feel like it.
 
One of our neighbours pulled his trailer out just before 4:00 and towed it down near the beach. Kathy made her Homemade Tomato and Cheese Soup for supper along with a hot cup of Cider 
As cool as it was there were still boats on the water today.
By the time we finished washing the dishes and putting them away a car with four young men pulled into the now empty site next to us. They set up two small Pup-Tents and started a fire in the Firepit and cooked what looked like Hot-Dogs for their supper. That brought back memories from many years ago. We are hoping they make it through the night because the temperature is going to feel like 36 F (2 C). What happen to Spring. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy! 

It’s about time.
Krackers 

Modern Definitions 

Starter Marriage: 

 A short-lived first marriage that ends in divorce with no kids, no property and no regrets.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a good day for hot soup, coffee, and cider...I would probably add tea...:)
    Stay warm and safe.

    ReplyDelete