It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Change Of Plans From High Winds, Quick Visit With Fellow Bloggers and Escapade’s Got Talent.


Our Location today is Pima County Fairgrounds, Tucson, Arizona, U.S.A. 

We had the same weather yesterday as the two previous days and even the night-time temperatures were the same but for some reason I woke to the sound of Howling Coyotes at 1:00 then my mind wouldn’t stop racing. I was thinking about installing our new Max-Air Ceiling Vent Fan, about doing our Doucettes, organizing my Electrical Connectors into the Organizer that I bought at Harbor Freight and a host of other little things. For the next three hours, I just couldn’t get back to sleep. 
The high Winds kept the Helium filled balloons low today.
I was downstairs getting things ready for breakfast before 7:30 Arizona Time. Then I did a few other little things that I’d been dreaming about only hours before. Unpacking our Max-Air Ceiling Vent Fan I had the instructions completely read by the time Kathy joined me around 8:00. Discussing what my plans were for the day first on the list was to install our Fan. Within seconds of saying that our Home was given a hard jolt from a Severe Wind Gust. 
Escapade 's got Talent MC (Retire Police Officer)
While Kathy checked her E-mail, I made the bed and then dressed to go outside on the roof. Once again our trailer was hit with another Hard Wind Gust. Another E-mail popped onto Kathy’s screen from the organizers of the Escapade warning everyone about these Severe Wind Gusts and that they would increase to above 40 MPH by this afternoon. Kathy didn’t want me on the roof. 
Fulltime RVing children.
Option number two was to make up our Pill Doucettes. Since I do them for six and a half weeks at a time my Saturday nights are not always tied up. That took up the next couple of hours while Kathy did more research on places we will someday see.

As soon as I’d cleared off the table and put everything away we had an early lunch. An easy way to do that was to see what Leftovers needed to be cleaned up. While Kathy made a Fruit Filled Salad, I recovered the Cream Cheese that belonged on the last two Cinnamon Buns. We also ate the last of the Fried Chicken we had gotten at the Walmart Superstore while going through Yuma last week. Now we are starting to see some bare spots inside our fridge. 
Composer/Jazz Singer
As we finished eating I suddenly realized that I was supposed to meet Greg and JanWhite in the seminar section of Old Pueblo Hall. Kathy stayed behind getting other things done while I walked over. When I snuck in the back of the room they had just finished giving their seminar on Oil Field Gate Guarding for Fun and Profit. Being a Canadian Citizen it would not be more negative then positive to earn money in the US. The room was packed when I entered and since it was lunchtime there were many that had extra questions. 
Singing the Traveling Walmart Song.
Comedy Skits
Telling about their first RVing Adventure without their husbands.
Can't say no.
Kathy and I first met Greg and Jan at a Gypsy Journal Rally in September 2011 and have continued to follow their blog Our RV Adventures since then. Greg and I both like to trouble-shoot things in our RVs on our own and if possible do the repairs. Since Greg was a Computer Programmer for NASA and still does it as a sideline today I had a question to ask him. Jan had stepped out for a moment and we only visited for about twenty minutes. They were heading off for lunch and we wished one another Safe Travels and hope to cross paths again. It wasn’t until I got all the way back inside the trailer that I remembered the camera had been in my pocket and I forgot to take any pictures. Sorry Greg and Jan! I also realized I’d forgotten to get a receipt from one of the vendors so I had to make another trip to Old Pueblo Hall. 

Duet
Really belting out the song.
The RV Dealer here at the Escapade had just put up fresh strings of Helium Filled Balloons this morning. The Wind Gusts were so strong that two of those stings were last seen headed towards New Mexico. 
Back at the trailer we kept getting jarred by the wind so we settled in on the Computers until it was time for supper. The Wind would have made it hard to use our grill so Kathy decided making Spaghetti and Meatballs was a good alternative. 
Classic Show Tune
Classic trained voice.
Around 6:30 the winds seemed to be easing a bit so we headed over to Thurber Hall where at 7:00 they held the last round of Door Prize Drawings. Then at 7:30 we were entertained by many of our own under the heading of Escapade’s Got Talent. There was a tryout on Monday, rehearsal for the finalists was last night and they performed for the rest of us tonight. Some could use their talents for making a few extra dollars on the road while others were best left for sing-alongs around the campfire. There were lots of talented people on stage and they should all be applauded for even trying out. 
Singing Dillon.
Playing a Harmonica and Twelve String,
Singing Georgia On My Mind.
Hopefully there will be less wind tomorrow morning so I can check off another of my chores. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy! 

It’s about time.
Krackers 

Words of Inspiration 

In things pertaining to enthusiasm, no man is sane who does not know how to be insane on proper occasions. 

Henry Ward Beecher, American Clergyman

3 comments:

  1. Kathy was right...the roof of a 5th wheel in high winds...not the safest place. (We had some of those winds this afternoon.) Sounds like you two are having a great time. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy was right I think. I wouldn't want Al up on the roof on windy days either.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you and Kathy are enjoying the good life to its fullest. I'm so happy for you, Rick. Think I'll call you Mr. Fixit. Just don't get on the roof - don't want to be fixin' any of your bones!

    ReplyDelete