It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, November 11, 2013

Chores Errands and Remembering.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario.

Even though I was awake shortly before 8:00 this morning I felt quite refreshed but by the end of this day I’d feel completely tired. I only had a short few minutes to make our morning coffee before Kathy walked into the dining room. By the time we had finished eating it was time to change the bed linens, gather and sort the rest of the laundry it was nearly 9:30 by the time I got downstairs to the laundry room. 

Unfortunately for me it seemed that everyone else in the building that was home had the same idea. I had to start one load at a time as far as the washing went and I was starting to dry some of it before I could start the last load in the washer. By the time I had everything into the dryers it was nearing 11:30 and I only had twenty minutes before the first load of dry clothes would be ready to fold so I ran back to the apartment. Kathy had been dusting and vacuuming while I was downstairs and suggested I heat the last of the pizza from the other night for lunch which worked perfectly time wise. 

In the laundry room I had to squeeze my way past people trying to get their washing done. I seemed that as I finished folding one load of our clothes the next would stop and there was someone wanting the dryer. It was nearly 1:30 when I got back to the apartment with still more chores awaiting me. Finally we sat together and watched a Christmas Special on television just so we could relax. 

I forgot to mention that it had been raining since I had gone down to do the laundry and this afternoon we had to run a few errands. We took the car since it has been sitting for over a week and it needed to be exercised. We Went to Shoppers Drug Mart to order our prescription medications for our trip to Florida and then we stopped at Metro Grocery Store before coming home. 

We write our blog as a way of letting our family and friends know where we are and what we are up to whether on the road or at home. However it also gives us a platform to discuss things of importance and one is remembering our veterans who have fought in many wars and some even giving their lives in order that we have the freedoms we do today. To all our veterans and allied vets I say Thank You on this Remembrance Day.

As I am writing this post the vehicles in the parking lot are starting to turn white and the temperatures are dropping. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.        

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You check your traps more often than your mail.

No comments:

Post a Comment