It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, August 3, 2013

Chores and More.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario.

Kathy was awake shortly after I got up this morning and by 8:00 we were already having our breakfast. The Weather Channel reinforced that this was to be a bright sunny day with no chance for rain. Kathy had called our daughter Karen to confirm when their family will be leaving for Pigeon Forge this month and to ask if we could test the television. We planned on going over this afternoon. 

I headed out to the parking lot figuring that I should be able to install and wire the lights. I was installing on the air-dam on the front of the truck by noon. Three things I didn’t count on was the heat from being in the direct sunlight, the tight openings that I had to run the wires through and the tight fit below the truck to the pavement. By noon I had installed all the lights but only had half the wiring complete. 

As I walked back into the apartment Kathy was just finishing making our lunch. She had completed more Christmas wrapping, been working on her Recipe File Box and been doing more cleaning in the office. It felt good to sit out of the sun and in the cool of the apartment enjoying lunch and changing our plans for the afternoon. 

I headed back outside bringing the trash and the recycle out before returning to work on the truck. The sun was feeling much warmer than what the predicted temperature was supposed to be. I was really glad that I’d brought two water bottles with me. Once I finished the wiring and the lights were working the way they were supposed to I had to clean up the tools and supplies before I finally made it back into the apartment just after 3:00. I actually needed to sit for a bit just to catch my breath and regain my balance. 

For supper Kathy had made Honey Garlic Chicken in the slow cooker that basically melted in your mouth along with Potato Salad and peas for a side. After washing the dishes we headed to Walmart to pick up a few supplies we were missing and to get some store walking in. 

Tomorrow is looking to be another clear but cooler day so we’ll just have to see what we’ll be doing. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

All tonight's bird pictures
were take at Savannah
Georgia K.O.A.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You keep a bottle opener in the shower.

1 comment:

  1. Honey garlic chicken sounds yummy. Would you be willing to share the recipe?

    ReplyDelete