It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

The Best Laid Plans.



Our Location today is Bushnell, Florida.

It is strange how every time you get up just a half hour earlier than normal the next day you seem to be dragging. We did do a lot of walking yesterday as well as breathing in a lot of fresh air; which made us both sleep like rocks, but today we are dragging.
After having a good breakfast this morning we set about reading blogs and E-mail. Then we started thinking of taking a modified route home so that we’d see different scenery on our return trip home. At first it got Kathy all excited taking a different route and we were working the two computers side by side. Suddenly Kathy started worrying where we would stop for the night along the way and the fact that we’d be pulling the trailer through the mountains on secondary highways; what if there were any low bridges. Three hours later we will now be following Plan A when we head for home.
We cleaned up the Chicken Stir Fry and Hawaiian Marshmallow Salad for lunch.
Since the weather is supposed to become stormy in this area starting Wednesday afternoon we realized we were short a few supplies. So off we went to Bushnell to see what we could find. A short stop at Dollar Tree we managed to find a few things fairly cheap since everything in the store is only a dollar. Next we headed to Walmart where after a lot of hunting we finally found what we were looking for.
Has anyone ever noticed how easy it is to find things that you are not looking for but if you needed it good luck finding it. That was our trip today. Another thing is always wishing for things to happen now because you get impatient waiting for it. Again that happened today. Since we have been in Florida this winter I have been secretly wishing that the temperatures would feel more summer like. When we got back to the trailer I figured I would wash the truck. I did the trailer and bicycles already but the truck looked filthy.
I parked the truck near the back of the trailer since our garden hose is only fifty feet long. I helped Kathy get our supplies in the trailer and then started washing the truck with Armour All Wash and Wax solution in the pail. Since it was sunny I only would do a single panel and quickly rinse it off. The problem was in less than a minute of applying it on the truck it was dry before I could rinse it off.
I tried over again only washing one foot squares and it dried before I could rinse it off. The thermometer on the rear of our trailer indicated the temperature to be 97F (36C). The truck now looks worse than before I tried washing it. When I opened the door to lower the windows in the truck it felt like I was standing in front of the furnaces at the plant where we melted metal. So far we haven’t had to have our air conditioners on.  The weather is warm during the day with a nice breeze and then cools right down at night.
I definitely got the warmer weather that I wanted but now I’ll have to try and wash the truck in the cool of the morning. I did manage to change the floor registers inside the shade of the trailer while Kathy was still researching RV Parks in Florida for next March when we’ll be down for our second Snowbird Season.
Our quick supper from the Walmart Deli and Bakery
Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

One of the guys at your wedding reception had a shirt on.

3 comments:

  1. Never fails I know you run into Walmart for one thing you NEED and come out with 10 you DON'T. I think they plan it that way. The only way we can do pretty good is take a list and stick to it. Now who am I kidding. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad to find your impressive way of writing the post. Now it's become easy for me to understand and implement the concept. Thanks for sharing the post on Home Plans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think for really warm weather in Florida you may have to head further south, if you go back next year.

    ReplyDelete