It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Planning Ahead.



Our Location today is Bushnell, Florida.

After trying to wash the truck yesterday a square foot at a time and having the soap baked dry before I could rinse it off I devised a plan. The plan was to get up early and wash the truck while it was still cool outside. So this morning the sky was just starting to brighten up at 7:30 and I was outside rewashing the truck. By 9:00 I had it completed and shining everything up including the wheels, tires, doors and door jambs.
Kathy had been up for a while getting things ready for breakfast and reading blogs and E-mail on the computer. When I came in she rewarded me with a wonderful breakfast of Strawberry covered pancakes. We talked a bit over our coffees and then she headed back to researching Florida RV Parks for us to stay at next winter while I headed back outside.
Strawberry Pancakes, Coffee and Juice.
I managed to reinstall the deer whistles and bug screen on the front of the truck. Next I resecured the debris brush on the back of the truck so the trailer would be protected against stone chips. Finally I used my small Shop Vac to vacuum the interior of the truck. Once the truck was completed I started storing the last of our outdoor chairs in the basement. Next I removed the tripod and put it away in the back of the truck before Kathy called me in for lunch.
While we were eating she told me that she had been having trouble making a reservation for next March. The person she had spoken to had told her to call back in September and then they’d take her reservation. How’s that expression go, “You Snooze, You Loose!” Well Kathy didn’t snooze and she didn’t loose she found another park that was more than happy to do business with us because if we had waited until September chances are there would have been no parks available for us.
Lunch is half a turkey sandwich with coleslaw and potato salad.
I went back outside to empty and flush out our waste tanks so that I could put away the hoses and cradles. Of course whenever you start storing things and people are walking by there is always a conversation that is going to happen and it did. My half hour job turned into a one hour job before I was ready to go on a planned bicycle ride with Kathy.
All nice and clean.
It felt good to be riding our nice clean bikes up the road we had walked the other day. We even saw quite a turtle large at the side of the road munching on the grass but of course we forgot to bring our camera.  On our return to the park we added a lap down all the park roads for good measure making it a three mile ride. Kathy really needed to cool down after that because the temperature was 86F (30C) with an 80 percent humidity. I completed my outdoor chores by securing the bikes on the carrier on the back of our trailer and covering them over.
Supper was Perogies with shredded cheese, sour cream and bacon bits.
After we had a very satisfying supper Kathy couldn’t stand the humidity any longer and asked me to put on the Air Conditioner. I gladly complied and started the AC before shutting all the windows and roof vents. As the trailer started cooling we started hearing the sound of rain on the roof. It fell quite heavily for close to an hour before it came to an end.
The temperature is now 63F (17C) and we have once again turned off the AC. Tomorrow will be used for something other than preparing for the rain. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

What did the traffic light say to the car?

Don't look, I'm changing.

3 comments:

  1. Never fails does it? Wash the vehicle and then it rains. We tried that all last summer with the drought and it didn't work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know the rain was your fault, right??!! I think Kathy spoils you with all that good food! Glad your plans for next winter are coming together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep you did it wash you vehicle and then it rains, but at least you got it clean again.

    ReplyDelete