It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Still cold and more Flu.

Our Location Today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Before hitting the sack last night at 10:00 p.m. things were not feeling right. Kathy was still suffering from her sinus infection. It is very difficult when she is sick because of her heart medication. Even the limited over the counter meds she can take must be done in lower dosages than most people can use. 
Read the sign. Someone forgot a space between Tent and Area
This is the first  TENTAREA  I have ever seen 
The part that didn't feel right was not with Kathy; however, it was with me. I had figured that the possibility was high that I might catch what she had. Like most people in an RV or 800 square foot apartment know those germs don't have to travel far to find their next victim. By bedtime I could hardly swallow and it felt like a piece of sandpaper in my throat.

Beautiful Georgia Campground
Neither of us slept too well, coughing, sneezing, and tossing about all night. Then the alarm went off at 7:00 to wake me from what was  probably the best 15 minutes sleep I'd had all night. I responded quickly to the alarm but as soon as Kathy sensed I was no longer in bed she was up and about without my waking her. We both felt worse then we did last night because of all the sleep we didn't get. The only other time that we get up this early since we retired is Christmas Day or long distance travel days that don't happen too often.

Always part of a Bucket List
 Now I had to do it again. I had to go outside before the sun came up to bring the truck to the body shop. It was in the upper teens with the windchill below the zero degree Farenheit mark. I dropped off the truck and only had to wait 5 minutes for the rental vehicle to show up. Back at the rental lot to sign the papers one of the salesmen was commenting on how big the half ton truck was that I was getting. I burst his bubble when I discribed our 1 ton Duelly Crew Cab. He quickly answered the phone.

Part of San Antonio's River Walk
Right after I got back the satelite installer called to say he was on his way. There was a problem because the cable company had not yet disconnected our service so he had to wait before connecting the satelite. He returned after 2:00 p.m. and had received orders to go ahead with the installation. The cable company said they didn't have time to do it today, even though I was the one who informed them of the disconnect time and date over a month ago. Talk about trying to hold on to business!

Grand Canyon
On one of the comments yesterday I was asked by Karen of Small House..... Big Backyard where the roadside stream was in the photograph. That picture was taken on the way to exit Yellowstone's East gate on highway 20. This section of highway 20 snakes back and forth coming in close to this stream for many many miles. I will try to add captions on my scenic shots in the future but did return to add them to yesterday's pictures. Lots of our pictures are from a six week 7,000 mile trip we took in the summer of 2008, the year before I retired. All the picture posted the last few days were taken with a point and shot HP 735 camera.

Lunch inside Yellowstone Park.
Since Kathy and I feel so well tonight. NOT! We have decided to close shop early and maybe shake off this bug. 
Yellowstone Park
 It's about time. 

Krackers

You might be a Redneck if
You've lost your wife in a poker game.

5 comments:

  1. Guys this is no way to start the new year. Hope you get to feelin' better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww feel better soon...we were in Georgia last night...it was pretty chilly there...now tonight will be colder and we're in Florida lol....go figure
    E

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for answering my question! Hope you both are feeling better soon.... chicken soup!

    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you get to feeling better. We have good friends in Clinton Township outside of Detroit and have spent time in Ontario. Nice place. Don't know what it looks like in the winter time though...

    ReplyDelete