It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Monday, January 2, 2012

Cold Weather and Staying Inside.

Our Location Today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Kathy's flu changed over to a sinus infection so she not only had a restless night but one with very little sleep. When I first woke I thought that it was quite sunny outside. Imagine my surprise to find very little sunshine accompanied by a coating of snow. As soon as I started the computer and looked at the weather channel report I knew this was a day I would like to stay indoors. The temp was the middle twenties but the wind chill was in the lower teens.

K.O.A. park in Georgia
 Kathy started taking Anti-biotics to start fighting her infection and started making a shopping list as our pantry supplies had dwindled away during the holidays. She continued to wrap the Christmas ornaments at what felt to her as a snail's pace. It was like time was floating slowly by. This is an understandable statement from the Tazmanian Devil.


Florida Everglades
 While Kathy was struggling with the ornaments I headed out to pick up groceries. Remember me saying it was a day I'd rather stay inside.


The Alamo.
 On my return I run into the building manager who apologized for asking me to start her car as it won't start again so can I give her car another boost. Well I have to go back outside to clean out the inside of the truck anyway so I say yes. Man I'd really like to stay inside today.


The Grand Canyon
 Lynn gives me her car keys because she's been sick on and off for the last three weeks. It must have taken me at least two minutes to start her car by the time I opened the hood, brought the truck over, connected the cables and finally turn the ignition. That car always starts for me. Now I repark the truck and call Lynn in the office telling her the cars running just fine.


Old Faithful in Yellowstone Park
 While waiting for her to come out I leave her car running and clean the inside of the truck. Lynn finally comes out finding it hard to believe the car starts for me but nobody else can get it going. I explain she can't keep running short errands without giving the car charging time. She's thankful but suddenly realizes she forgot her purse in her apartment.


Buffalo Territory in Yellowstone Park
 While she's gone for her purse I no longer have to clean anything in the truck and my feet are frozen. Finally Lynn thanks me again and takes off with her car. I haul everything up to the apartment from inside the truck.


Highway 20 going east towards Yellowstone's East Gate Exit
 Weather channel on the television is telling us it will be colder tomorrow then today. It's only 88 days until spring. I have to bring the truck to the body shop for repairs tomorrow but I really don't want to go outside.

It's about time.

Krackers

A boy with a newt on his shoulder walked into a library.
"What do you call him?" asked the librarian.
"Tiny," said the boy.
"Why do you call him Tiny?" asked the librarian
The boy answers "Because he's my newt!"

4 comments:

  1. For someone who only wanted to stay inside, you didn't get much inside time today. Hope you get a bit more tomorrow but it sounds like you have to go out then too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry Kathy's not feeling well. That's no fun this time of the year. Now, you may have to lock her inside and tie her up for her own good, from the sounds of it. Hope things improve tomorrow. Cold and sunny is not fun. It's supposed to be warm and sunny...find where that is, o.k.? (Let me know.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just LOVE all your shots, and recognize most of them. Where is the pretty little mountain stream located?

    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Karen and Steve
    (Our Blog) RVing: Small House... BIG Backyard
    http://kareninthewoods-kareninthewoods.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. your inside day sure sounded like an outside one to me!!!..maybe tomorrow??

    ReplyDelete