It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

At Least Somebody Could Sleep.

Our Location Today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Well at least somebody could sleep. The sleepless nights of the last week finally caught up to Kathy last night and allowed her a fairly solid nights Sleep. I wasn't as lucky I still spent most of the night wandering around the halls of our 800 square foot apartment. I've refused to take naps during the day thinking that if I gave in, it would just make it that much harder to sleep at night. This afternoon I had such a headache from lack of sleep that I actually slept for an hour and a half. Kathy woke me for Supper and I didn't have the headache. We'll have to wait and see how I sleep tonight. (Fingers Crossed)
Kathy has been trying to get back into making her homemade pastries again lately. Last night when we had gone over to our daughter Karen's home we brought  some of Kathy's Date Cookies. These are so delicious you can't just eat one but it only takes one to fill you up. Greg our son-in-law said he was banning Kathy from bringing over any more baked goods to their home as everyone there was gaining weight from these treats. ( I know the feeling Greg! )

While I was asleep today Kathy made her homemade Cinnamon Buns. They tasted great but Luckily we were going to our son Kevin's home tonight for our Wednesday night visit. We arrived ahead of Melissa who pulled a late shift today. Kathy wasn't quite happy with the way the buns had turned out but everyone else liked them. Not enough icing on them she said. The usual fun time visit was had by all and it was time to say goodnight as it was bedtime for the two grandsons.
Now we just have to remember that it is only 62 days until Spring. Enjoy!

It's about time.

Krackers

You might be a Redneck if
Your sexiest gown
came from a hospital.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you are in bed and fast asleep...you can read this later!! I like my cinnamon rolls with very little icing so I'm sure Kathy's would have been just right for me. Looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete