It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, June 13, 2015

Old Reliable.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Last night we did something we haven’t done in a long time. We watched a program on television that didn’t end until midnight. So when my eyes opened at 7:30 and I knew that Kathy would need to sleep until at least 8:00 I just laid there. Finally just before 8:30 my back started aching so I knew it was time to start getting things ready for breakfast. That seemed to be all I needed to do was get up and Kathy was right behind me. 

Once breakfast was over we headed for the computers. As I mentioned in yesterday’s post my laptop has developed a problem uploading pictures. I had worked on our old standby laptop yesterday to use while I bring mine to the computer shop in Essex but it had no recent pictures on it. All morning I worked at transferring pictures and files to the old laptop while I read blogs on my laptop. Have a guess which laptop I’m using tonight to write this post. 

After lunch I busied myself to repair a cabinet that had broken just before we left for North Carolina. I had all the material and hardware to do the job when I realized my wood cutting saws were all in the trailer. Kathy was baking a Pumpkin Pie so she stayed behind while I drove to the storage yard to retrieve a saw from the trailer. 

With all the rain we got last night and early this morning there was plenty of fresh mud all around the trailer. Even though I’d cleaned my shoes before returning home Kathy wasn’t impressed with the trail of mud that I brought into the apartment. Within minutes I’d finished the job that was taking more time setting up than to actually do.    

For supper I grilled some Tilapia fillets on our Weber Q while Kathy microwaved the Acorn Squash that I’d cleaned. Kathy also made a wonderful mixed bean salad for a side plus we had a piece of that Pumpkin Pie she baked today for dessert. 

Tomorrow looks like it will be a busy one but not on our to-do list. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Tonight's pictures were 
taken at the Dolphin
Research Center on
Marathon Key in March.


Krackers

Office Jokes, Quotes, and Anecdotes

Employee Evaluation

"The wheel is turning, but the hamster is dead."

No comments:

Post a Comment