It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, February 12, 2015

Another Redesign.

Our Location today is Punta Gorda, Florida, USA.

Last night was cool enough that we ran an electric heater to take the dampness from the air. The fact that we have walked quite a number of miles in the last few days between shopping and touring also helped to tire us out. Could there be any other reason behind the fact that we both slept so soundly that neither of us stirred from bed until 8:30 this morning. 

After having breakfast and finishing our morning E-reading Kathy started prepping the slow cooker to make our supper while I dressed to work as I had a few of chores that I needed to accomplish. As soon as I stepped outside I immediately found myself in a conversation with our neighbors Rick and Barb from Livonia Michigan. We talked about different problems they have had with their trailers and why Kathy and I went with a fifth wheel. Then we discovered that both Rick and I had worked for Ford Motor Company as Tradesman in their casting division but just on different sides of the border. Their plans were some touring for this afternoon.

My first chore was accomplished fairly quickly by simply pulling open the valves to drain our grey water tanks. I had just gotten my tools gathered and the stepladder dismounted from the rear of the trailer when Kathy called me in for lunch. Apparently my conversing had taken much more time than I’d expected. As soon as I’d eaten I finally made it up to the roof. We had noticed a stain on the ceiling in the rear bedroom the other day but there was nothing visibly wrong on the roof. 
Kathy caught me cutting apart our flag bracket.
My next chore was to remove and rebuild the bracket that I’d made to support our flags on the pinbox. Due to our present site being much lower at the rear the flags had managed to touch the ground and within a short period of time I was inform in no uncertain words by two different people in Alcoholic states that it was not exceptable. I used the cutting wheel on my angled grinder that I carry to cut the bracket apart. One of those people who had complained about the flag came to see what the noise was about. My response was that I was fixing his problem. I actually carry a small Welding machine in the trailer and after a hot chocolate break with Kathy it took less than a half hour to weld and clean up the bracket.

When I tried the bracket back on the front of the trailer that same vocal person came around to see as I tried the flags. He was happy with the ground clearance that I’d accomplished. I also managed to repaint the bracket and put all my tools away before Kathy called me in for supper. In those few hours the moderate temperature we got today was already starting to drop and the forecast shows it will drop to just above the freezing mark. This is southern Florida isn’t it? 
The redesigned but not installed bracket.
Kathy and I would like to welcome our newest blog follower Clayton Elisson. He unfortunately doesn’t have a blog listing on his profile but I’ll keep looking in on him and if his status changes I’ll pass on the information so we can all see what he’s up to. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Waitress, I'm in rather a hurry, will the pancakes be long?

No sir, they'll be round.

2 comments:

  1. When the flags are hanging proud again, let's see if that same person comes down and tells you what a great job you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ^^ what and Paul and Marsha said! I can't believe how much you guys accomplish when on the road...I love following you two!

    ReplyDelete