It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, January 13, 2015

No Sea Legs Required.

Our Location today is Moore Haven, Florida, U.S.A.

After the rain subsided last night we were both able to have a restful sleep with the windows slightly ajar. As usual I was awake before Kathy but just laid on the bed watching her peacefully breathe as she slept. Then my back told me it was time to start moving. The first thing I did was to check the weather aps that I have on my computer for the area. From what I was looking at my best chance to finish installing the stabilizers would be before 11:00 this morning as there were more showers forecasted afterwards. 

Kathy was up shortly after 8:00 so as soon as we’d had our breakfast I didn’t wait long to get back outside. No matter what the job is you do in a RV Park you are bound to have problems and today’s was simple. While installing the stabilizers you have to totally retract the rear jacks in order to find the exact location on the frame rail to install the mounts. The instructions recommend that you mount the T-pin tightener on the top side of the stabilizer. Doing so would hit on one of the brace arms of the telescoping jack so the only alternative I had was to install them on the bottom side. The problem here will be that I’ll have to remove the T-pins from those two stabilizers so I don’t lose them going down the road when we travel. 
The rear Stabilizers with the T-Pins facing down.
I didn't think to take the picture before stowing things back under the trailer.
I had that job finished before 11:00 so then I didn’t have to worry about the forecasted rain. Kathy was again researching different RV destinations for next year on the computer when I snugged the jacks up. She could feel no sway in the trailer as the stabilizers held the jacks snug in their positions removing the play from the jack sleeves. Kathy said now she doesn’t have to have sea legs to walk in the trailer.

I’d promised Rick and Elaine that I would look at their truck and trailer to give him ideas of how to do both jobs. The tape measure was kept busy on the truck and I also was laying under their trailer making certain that he could install stabilizers on it. Rick actually waited to see how our trailer turned out before committing to doing the same to their trailer. He also wasn’t sure how he’d fasten the cross-over braces in place so I verified where they would connect. 
This Handle will also protect the screen.
It was 12:30 by the time I got back to the trailer so we could have lunch. Since it hadn’t rained yet I took the time to install the Screen Door Cross Bar we’d also purchased at Camping World. With Kathy’s arthritis in her hands she has difficulty gripping the large plastic knob to close the door. It only took me fifteen minutes to install it and it also made the door more rigid. Kathy loves it. 

We went for a late afternoon bicycle ride around the park down towards the marina. On our return trip Kathy stopped at the trailer because the warm temps and high humidity were too much for her. I continued around the rest of the park even stopping at the office to pick up our mail. 

I thought that I’d be grilling our supper on the Weber but when I went outside to warm it up there was lots of fallout from the burning of nearby sugar cane fields. When all else fails we had Spaghetti and Meatballs cooked on the stove. When the dishes had been washed we were able to sit outside and admire the amazing sunset behind the clouds. As of this writing we haven’t had any rain here today as predicted. 

Tomorrow I have to straighten out the basement and we’re waiting for a special delivery. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

The World's Great Proverbs

Ask no questions and hear no lies.

No comments:

Post a Comment