It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, February 18, 2022

CPAPs Down and Paul’s Disappointment.

 Our Location today is Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

I’ve mentioned many times how Kathy and I both use CPAP Machines so we keep breathing when we go to sleep at night. Imagine having a Power Fluctuation at 12:30 that suddenly shuts both your Machines down. Even though the Power came back on the Machines would not come on. We both surrendered to the thought of trying to sleep without them. What happened was we would seem to get about Five Minutes rest before fully waking for as long. We both felt like we hadn’t slept when we got up this morning. I later got them working again.

Overnight Snow.

We had a lite snack for breakfast before taking our Coffee/Tea to the Computers. There were Job Correspondences to answer as well as new Ads to review. By 9:00 I started getting things ready for doing the Laundry. While I sorted things Kathy changed the bedding and found that our Mattress Cover also needed cleaning. It’s amazing how much we perspire and this protects our Mattress from the affects.

Having had problems with machine availability especially since the New Management has taken over I decided to take part of the Laundry to start. That was a good thing because there were only Two Washers available when I got there. It would become a juggling act between washing then drying.

Kathy was again feeling under the weather. Even though it was sunny it was cold and she seemed to reflect that so for lunch we had Split Pea with Ham Soup along with Cheese on Crackers and the leftover German Chocolate Cake for dessert.

It was after 3:00 when I finished folding the last of the Clothes I had washed. Back at the Apartment it didn’t take long to get ready to go out.

The destination was my former place of employment. Kathy waited in the Car while I went in the Office to collect my final Pay-Cheque. Paul made a big deal of handing it to me personally then he asked “How are you doing?” when I responded that “I was enjoying the Time off.” it was too much. He just hung his head and walked into the Plant. There was no smell of Alcohol on his breathe so I think he realized what he did but would never admit it. As we were leaving I spoke to a couple of the Line-Workers who told me the Van was still the way I left it.

After depositing the Cheque at the Motor City Community Credit Union we drove to Guardian Storage to collect our Mail.

I recently mentioned how we purchased another Collapsible Laundry Basket at Canadian Tire at half the cost of the one we got at Camping World. We decided to get a couple more so Kathy went in while I parked the Car. It was a good thing because she grabbed the last Two and another person was looking for them. They take very little room to store especially in an RV.

Since it was early enough we stopped at Burger King and tried one of their new Chicken Sandwiches. It tasted good but we were stuffed. We could have shared One Sandwich.

The 6 o’clock Local News reported we are down to 26 Active Coronavirus Cases for the Windsor/Essex Region for the second day in a row.

The Weather Network showed we had a high temperature of 23 F (-5 C) today.

I washed the dirty Coveralls that I had worn last week. While they were in the Dryers I busied myself getting things ready to fill our Pill Doucettes. The Coveralls are decently clean but it was past 10:00 before I finished with the Doucettes.

The Wind has really picked up and tomorrow will be cooler then today. We’ve got plenty to keep us occupied.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Words of Inspiration

To me, life is a gift, and it’s a blessing just to be alive. And each person should learn what a gift it is to be alive no matter how tough things get.

Tony Bennett, Singer

6 comments:

  1. I was concerned that your FINAL check might be a trouble to get. Glad it was not a problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Home Hardware also sells the collapsible laundry baskets, I don't remember what we paid for them, I'm thinking around $12 - $15. If they don't have them in the store, they will order them for you. I also watch the flyer for when they come on sale.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paul knows he screwed up. That is your revenge.

    As hubby uses a CPAP and in on oxygen we had a whole house Generac generator installed. At 200 amp it will run the whole house. Cost a bit but worth the peace of mind.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet as soon as Paul sobered up he realized the error he committed. I am willing to go out on a limb and say that you were one of the best employees that ever worked for him. Be safe in the knowledge that "karma" worked swiftly in your favor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did he give you your R.O. E. as well??

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you got money for your work. I myself am very curious about that company's welfare, and whether it will end up on some kind of blacklist. Hope your friend Ivan, and the others are doing OK. And I'm wondering about a battery back-up pack or something for the CPAPS. In an apartment you can't designate your place as an emergency for power restoration (or maybe you can, what do I know)......

    ReplyDelete