It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Out With White and Near Record.

Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

It seems that the Flurries the Windsor area was being hit with last night ended by midnight. Checking The Weather Network they showed the temperature just below the Freezing Mark but when I opened the Balcony Blinds this morning some of the grass was peaking through the White ground cover that the early morning Sun was starting to melt.

All White at 7:54 this morning

Even though I got an earlier start to my day Kathy sensed my absence and was soon joining me for breakfast. The brightness outside reflected through out the Apartment.

9:00

Another look at my E-mails and again there no Job Ads in my field. There was an Advertisement for a burger flipper in Leamington for Minimum Wage. The shifts were only Four Hours a day, Three Days a week. It would have cost more in Fuel then the Job would have paid.

We switched our lunch around by modifying a Garden Salad adding Celery, Onions and Peppers with Italian Dressing. It was my turn to make the dessert plate so we had Grapes, Chocolate Chip Cookies and Yogurt topped with Leftover Marmalade. Better to use Leftovers to enhance something else then to just let it go to waste.

Looking outside periodically we kept seeing more colour appearing and the White blanket disappearing even though the sky was filling with Clouds. Checking the temperature it had suddenly jumped to a high of 41 F (5 C).

After lunch, 12:25.

We were in the process of making supper when the 6 o’clock Local News came on so we totally missed the Coronavirus Numbers today. The reason I report them is One of our readers has Family here in Windsor and this gives them some idea how bad things are in the area.

All melted by 6:00.

The cold temperature last night tied a record but tonight there is a good chance we’ll be setting a new night time low.

By not having been too active we settled for Baked Beans on Toast for supper with another Yogurt Cup for dessert.

After cleaning up the Dishes we headed back to the Computers. I was notified that another Employer had passed on my application.

The usual programming we normally watch on Wednesday wasn’t on tonight so we watched “Bull” on one channel and “Criminal Minds” on another.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their comment or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

I didn’t know my wife was a construction site thief but when I got home all the signs were there.

4 comments:

  1. Cold here in north Alabama too. 29 this morning. I am hoping it does not affect our tomato, cabbage and pepper plants.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read every morning but I was up an hour early so I missed it until this am... I appreciate the numbers, you don't have to write it every day though, an update once a week would be fabulous just to keep me appraised. Although to be frank Dad is not doing very well for other reasons these days... sure wish I could get out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I suppose you put up with cold and snow in Canada like we put up with drought and hellish temperatures in Texas. In my old age, neither one appeals to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a difficult time to be looking for work, not too many are hiring. I am sure that something will come along for you at some point.

    ReplyDelete