It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Owner Taking Pictures, Bone Density Test and Doing Laundry.


Our Location today is at Wildwood Golf and RV Park, McGregor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to Enlarge

I didn’t have to scrape any Frost off my windows this morning which meant that I was at Work long before the start of my shift. The Supervisor and Engineer were already busy talking so I started cleaning up my area even before others began arriving. I went for a walk to see where some of my parts were only to find them in the same position they were yesterday. Some needing Painting others needing Machining.

I just couldn’t seem to relax so I started mounting the Headboard on One of the Bodies again before the start of the shift. Since we were changing the way the Roll-Up Cover is being mounted I started taking measurements. Those measurements didn’t go to waste as I started drawing up what I thought would work on my Welding Bench.

When the Owner arrived after stopping at the other Plant he thought he was going to instruct me what to do. Instead I told him to get the Camera on his Phone out and showed him the Welding Bench. He took several pictures of the Bench and had me explain why. He gave his viewpoint and suggested just One small change before he went to change the design on the Computer using my measurements.

Knowing that unless I got things rolling nothing would get done I used the Handi-Lift and brought the Skid with the Frames over to the Paint Line. I stopped at the Machine Shop and was told my job was next to be done. The rest of the day just seemed to fly by as things started going together.

Kathy had an appointment for a Bone Density Test today. She said it seemed to take forever and she’s never had a test like this. The bad thing was she didn’t want to stop to get something to eat and by the time she got Home her sugar was dropping.
The high temperature for the day was around 52 F (11 C) but with the high North Winds it felt much colder. By the time I got Home there was a steady drizzle falling making it feel even cooler so the first thing I did was turn the Blue Flame Heater on to warm the Trailer up to a comfortable level.

It’s also been a while so the next thing I did was to gather the Laundry. By the time I had it sorted and treated it Kathy made us Scrambled Egg Sandwiches for supper.
With lots of the Seasonal Residents already closed up for the year I had no problem getting my choice of the Washers. After moving the Laundry from the Washers to the Dryers I walked back Home to empty our Waste Tanks. When that was done I visited with Kathy until it was time to go fold the Clothes back at the Park Laundry Room. I was finally Home for the night shortly after 8:30.

With the colder, rainy weather starting we are looking forward to when we can again head south for the Winter. Thank you for following along and feel free to leave a comment.
Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.
Krackers

A fine line by Mark Twain:

Man-a creature made at the end of the week's work when God was tired.

5 comments:

  1. Sometimes you just need to take the bull by the horns.....so to speak, if you want and need to get something done!
    We hope Kathy's test results are good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You both had a busy day.

    When you say that seasonal residents had already closed up for the year...does that mean they left their rigs there...and headed elsewhere?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Winter there, summer here. It's October and we are looking at highs of 85 and up for the next week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny my bone density tests seem to go quickly. Great memories of scrambled egg sandwiches, Mom used too make them on occasion. It must be at least 20 years or more since I had one. Too bad they don't pay you overtime for all those days that you start early.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You two are as busy as ever.
    Hope Kathy gets good results back.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete