It's about time.

Many of you that can relate to this. Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, July 6, 2017

Picking Up As Well As Taking Deliveries, Changing Our Plants and Working Late.

Our Location today is McGregor, Ontario, Canada.

It seemed weird but we were both up by 7:30 this morning especially since we’d been sleeping much later in the past. For our breakfast this morning we had the last of our Hawaiian Pizza from last night’s supper. Lots of people don’t realize how balanced a meal that makes and just how filling a single slice can be. We’d finished our Coffee/Tea and morning reading all be by 8:30. 
Leftover Pizza for Breakfast.
Kathy stayed Home this morning while I headed to the McGregor Post Office to pick up our new Bicycle Rack. For the short time we were away yesterday we missed having a packaged delivered right to our door. With only three people ahead of me I was on my way back Home by 9:05.

Back Home other then leaving my wallet and watch inside I headed right back out to get some work done. With the forecast with High Humidex Temperatures this afternoon and for a Rainy-Day tomorrow I had things that needed to get done as soon as possible. The first thing I did was to assemble the Bicycle Rack so that the cardboard box could be recycled.

When we planted our Emerald Cedar in the old Firepit at the rear of this site we removed any ash that we could see. Unfortunately when the ash is left in a Firepit for extended periods of time and it Rains it creates a highly acidic base in the ground surrounding the Pit. Our Emerald Cedar was looking out of sorts for the last few days so we planned on giving it a large sized Vitamin Spike specially made for that type of tree. The only problem was we had covered the ground around it with Landscape Cloth and Decorative Stone it now needed to be pealed back so this Spike could be pounded in the ground near the base of the tree. 
The almost finished Fairy Garden.
I had just started pealing back the ground cover when Kathy came out to join me. She started rearranging her Fairy Garden while I continued with my doctoring of the tree. By the time I had replaced the Cloth and Stone she then needed me to simply lift the Planter (100 lbs) and place it amongst the rest of the display in the Garden. She also had me add the bricks we purchased yesterday to finish the edging. 
Replacing the Burning Bush.
With the Rabbit having eaten the rest of the Burning Bush to within an inch of the ground we knew it would not survive. Kathy had researched what kind of plants the Rabbit would not eat and the strange thing was we had planted some in a Window Box Planter while on our old site. The Window Box Planter was now almost getting in the way. The decision was made to gather up the Mulch in the front Flowerbed, pull back the Landscape Cloth and plant all the plants from the Flower Box Planter in the Flowerbed. A second tarp was needed because there was more Clay being dug up to create a permanent home for these Perennial Plants. We were sweating so badly Kathy had to get us each a Gatorade in an attempt to quench our thirsts because water wasn’t doing it and even the Gatorade was barely doing it. 
Had the box open before taking a picture.
We were just about to stop for lunch when Purolator delivery service pulled up. It was the Tandem Bicycle that we had been ordered just this past Monday. I gave him a hand and we carried it over near our trailer. 

Kathy made open faced Hot Pork Sandwiches for lunch with Blueberry covered Yogurt for dessert and an Orange Juice for a drink. 
Getting the Cloth back in place.
We both went back outside and got all the Perennials settled into their permanent home. We had to relay the Landscape Cloth and the Mulch so there won’t be any weeds trying to join our décor. It was already past 1:30 and the Humidex was sitting at 97 F (36 C) so Kathy went and got more Gatorade to keep us going. We then added the small Garden Decoration and more Solar Lights then originally planned to the Flowerbed before calling it a day. 
The finished Flowerbed.again.
Kathy went inside and started washing the dishes before taking an afternoon shower to clean up. I put away the gardening tools and pulled the Tandem Bicycle from its box and started assembling it. (Sorry no pictures today) I managed to get the wheels, brakes and front handlebars assembled before Kathy called me in for my shower. 
Our Citronelle Plant has been blooming lots of small flowers this year.
We both felt better after getting cleaned up but we were both having issues of quenching our thirsts. I locked the Bicycle to our Picnic Table before we headed out the door just after 4:30.

Our first stop was our son Kevin’s home in Amherstburg to simply drop off the Rice Paper Picture that we picked up for him at Cakes ETC yesterday as it could not be left in a warm car without it melting.

We stopped at McDonalds and had their Sweet Chili Wrap meals for supper and even had a Chocolate Sundae to help cool us off.

We nearly forgot but just made it to Pharma Care Pharmacy before they closed at 6:00 for Kathy’s nose spray. With the type of CPAP Mask that she uses she needs this special spray.

We then stopped at Dollarama where we needed gift wrapping material as well more Solar Lights. Kathy got the Wrapping Materials but the Solar Lights are out of stock because they are a very popular design. We’ll have to look at another store.

We didn’t arrive at Kevin and Melissa’s until almost 6:30 this evening. Kathy immediately helped Kevin apply the Rice Paper Picture to his Cake because he had never used such a thing before but was impressed how well it turned out. The rest of our visit was spent enjoying each others company and having fun. I had to insist that we leave around 8:30 because I still had things that needed to be done tonight at Home.

When we arrived after unloading our purchases I loaded all the Cardboard Boxes on the truck and brought them down to the Recycle Area. The boxes had to be disassembled in order to fit the bin. The truck was then parked in the Overflow Parking Area so tomorrow’s guest can have room at our Site.

Since we had more Clay to get rid of and the new “Tee Box” on the Golf Course seemed to have been smoothed I had to chop the chunks as fine as I could before carrying buckets filled with Clay and broadcasting it on the “Tee Box” so it didn’t show. Once the tarp was emptied it was placed over the Bicycle to protect it from the possible Rain.

It felt good to get inside by 9:30 but I had to set up our Pill Doucettes for the next eight days before even starting to write this post. It’s a good thing we’re Retired because we are Really Tired from everything we do. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your double-wide became two single-wides after the divorce.


  1. The flowerbed is looking reaaly good.

  2. I agree ... your flower bed looks wonderful!!