It's about time.

Many of you that can relate to this. Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Overwhelming Move and Rotten Luck.

Our Location today is McGregor, Ontario, Canada. 

We’d like to thank everyone for all the positive comments we have just found about our moving into our new Home and all the requests for pictures. Those will have to wait until we’ve had a chance to better get everything organized. Those of you who have followed us from the start will remember we were always doing things to the Avalanche in order to better our storage and organization. With this new trailer there is plenty of storage in one sense but it is far from organized at this point. 
On Monday morning we were very much on schedule to leave Wildwood Golf and RV Park until the plug for the lights on the trailer had difficulty connecting. It took a little cleaning time but eventually we were on our way. (Note to self: Find cap to fit plug to avoid future problems.) 
Waiting for Tyler.
Kathy called our grandson Tyler to let him know that we’d be a half hour late so he had the chance to play with the dog longer. We arrived in Tecumseh just after 9:30 and while I just stopped at the curb Kathy still needed to let him know we’d arrived. You might recall when Kathy and I first started Fulltiming in April that it was Tyler who helped us load our dual reclining loveseat along with other items into the trailer. Since he is presently on summer vacation he was going to help us again. 
Out with our Loveseat.
We arrived at Guardian Storage before 10:00 and we parked ourselves near the end of a row of trailers that were parked. Having gotten permission from Wendy last week we didn’t have to worry. After opening the trailer slides, it took some doing to remove the backs so we could get it out the door. Tyler is a fast learner and we had no problems loading it to the waiting utility cart so we didn’t have to carry it the five hundred feet to the storage unit.  
That's the couch middle right of aisle.
Tyler got to see firsthand how well packed our Climate Controlled Storage Unit was. He also got to help remove the original trailer couch which was under things near the center of the unit. While Kathy remained with our open unit Tyler and I started the reverse process back and forth until we had everything reorganized and locked up. 
Myself and Tyler bringing our water-cart to the storage unit.
Knowing we’d be busy and there were no restaurants near the dealership we arrived at the East Windsor Walmart shortly after 11:00 where we parked as far away from the store as possible. We then walked across the street where we all enjoyed roast beef sandwiches at Arby’s for lunch. We took our time so we could also cool down which helped us feel invigorated. 
Parked at Walmart going for lunch.
Leaving the Walmart parking lot seemed like a dream cruise because the traffic lights were all green and we never stopped rolling until we were parking at Leisure Trailer Sales on Patillo Road. We were now too early for the appointed RV Orientation but we were able to show Tyler our new Home. He said “The basement was bigger than his bedroom.” When Dennis was finally able to show us how things worked inside really amazed us at how much things had changed in only three years since we bought our trailer and there have probably been more changes made since. 

It was past 2:30 before I unhitched the truck from our old trailer and parked it off to the side. Since technicians were still doing upgrades we added Tyler and I started packing things up in the old trailer. As soon as they had both trailers side by side we started hauling and Kathy was unsuccessfully trying to put things away as fast as were bringing it. We truly would not have gotten to where we were at had it not been for Tyler’s help. 

We were all starting to feel the effects of the 97 F (36 C) Humidex and there was still too much to finish by 5:00. We made arrangements that we’d stay the night but we had to go eat because our 11:00 lunch was long gone, our energy level was waning and the kitchen was in such chaos it was impossible to cook in. After getting a key to the gate we were about to leave when the truck that had been parked less than three hours would not start. Remembering what the symptoms were when it wouldn’t start just over a month ago I realized it was the same issue. The newly rebuilt processor that has a lifetime warrantee but had already failed. 

We informed Leisure Trailer of our delima but we still needed to eat. Tyler’s dad Greg drove out to pick us up & drove us to Wendy’s where we all had a satisfying meal. Since we wouldn’t be able to drive Tyler home later Greg drove us back to Leisure Trailer and we thanked Tyler and got some hugs before he left. Thanks again Tyler for all your help. 

Still overwhelmed Kathy asked where all that STUFF was coming from. It wasn’t until 10:30 I had completely finished unloading the old trailer. By the time I made the bed and set up our CPAP equipment it was nearly midnight and we were both ready to spend our first night in our new home. 

Tuesday morning around 2:00 we were both drifting in and out of sleep when Kathy didn’t remember seeing her electric frying pan which was in a cabinet that Tyler had packed away. We would wake shortly after 7:00 hearing workers shuttling trailers around the yard with the tractor. As soon as breakfast was complete I returned to the old trailer and found Kathy’s electric fry pan that was located in the shadows against a wall where even I had a hard time to see it. 

I called and left a message at Windsor Gas and Diesel before 7:30 about the problem with the truck. We hadn’t finished breakfast when Jim was calling me for details and telling me he had already sent an angry E-mail to the company that had repaired the processor. 
Wall mural at Mealtime Grill.
Kathy and I continued packing until A.M./P.M. Towing Service showed up at 9:00. The platform truck was only a three-ton truck and the driver said our truck was the largest he’d ever hauled. (That didn’t instill too much faith.) He’d been to Jim’s shop but said he’d take his time so the truck would arrive safely.
We had a few issues we needed to address but our go to guy Dennis was already giving another young couple the Orientation on their new travel trailer. I was finally able to speak with Ed who had come out to Wildwood to evaluate our trailer. After explaining our problem with the truck, he announced that as soon as we could have the trailer secured for travel he would tow it out to our site.
By 12:45 we were rolling out of Leisure Trailer with our new Home and I wasn’t driving. After a detour for construction and a sudden rainfall we arrived at our site by 1:30. It was a tight fit but after some wiggling back and forth Ed had our trailer parked where we needed it. Before he left he wished us many happy years of RVing and hoped we’d have good news on our truck soon. That’s what you call good customer service. 
Kathy' happy our new home is home.
The setup was quite different than the old trailer and by the time we had everything hooked up to the utilities and opened it was past 3:00. There was another problem because we both had bad headaches because we hadn’t eaten lunch yet and we still had errands to run.  
We headed to Mealtime Grill in Amherstburg in the car. This is a small place that doesn’t look like much on the outside but has great food, great service, good atmosphere and good prices. We had to force ourselves to eat slowly because we were so hungry. 
Kathy finally Online this evening with coats still on the couch.
Our next stop was to Canadian Tire where we got a few things that even Leisure Trailer didn’t carry.

The 6 o’clock News was showing some local flooding due to the intense rain we had today. Tomorrow we’ll continue to organize our new
Home so we can show some pictures soon. Th
anks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy! 

It’s about time.

The World's Great Proverbs 

A bad workman blames his tools.


  1. Nice to finally get settled in, good luck with the truck.

  2. Thought of you yesterday with all the rain and hoped your move went well. Having done the transfer from trailer to the next a couple of times ourselves, we know what you went through. Great feeling when you get it home and everything is in it's place. Sorry to hear about the truck, hope tey can get it sorted out for you.

  3. Your new home looks beautiful. Take your time getting settled. We can wait for photos.

  4. That's quite the trailer, and quite the intensive 48 hours! Sorry about the truck, but have fun organizing the trailer the way you want.

  5. You're faster than most people. I'm sure photos will be soon.

  6. Now you can start really enjoying the new rig:)