It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Already Dreaming of Modifications, Shocked Neighbours and Errands Galore.


Our Location today is McGregor, Ontario, Canada. 

Kathy and I would like to thank everyone for their comments on the purchase of our New Home. We are looking forward to living and traveling in it and hopefully our paths with many of you will cross. 
As busy as were yesterday neither of us had any problem falling asleep as soon as our heads hit the pillows last night but staying asleep was another problem. Around 3:00 I woke up with a start because of a dream I was having. I was dreaming that I was already modifying our new trailer and we haven’t got it yet. It would take a couple more hours before I could finally stop my mind from redesigning our new Home. As mentioned in last night’s blog with our present trailer we had to be very creative in recovering wasted storage space that Keystone produces in their products. Our new trailer has so much storage our move should be an easy one.  
When I told Kathy at breakfast about the dream she could only laugh but I reminded her of the deep cabinets that might cause problems when reaching for things at the back. With that thought in mind there still may be some drawer inserts made to ease that problem but we’ll wait until we’ve spent a bit of time inside before we worry about that. 
We reinstalled the original bedcover and sham pillows and packed away our new one that we’ll be bringing with us in our new Home. While Kathy did the dishes I headed outside to do my outside chores and to start removing what we’d told Ed we were keeping.  
That’s when I ran into our neighbours Larry and Nicole who knew we were looking for a trailer. When I told them we’d bought a trailer at Leisure Trailer they both had a shocked look on their faces and then they both said you bought the Jayco Eagle 351 MKTS. They had also been looking at trailers and had fallen in love with that same trailer but hoped the price would come down before making an offer on it. 
Kathy and I then gave them a tour of the inside of our old trailer and showed them all the changes we’d made. When they were leaving Larry said we might be seeing our old trailer on their site. Nicole said whatever trailer they end up with, if they need ideas on things to improve it with they’ll be contacting us. They also congratulated us on our purchase and that they were happy for us. 
After watering the flowers, I was removing our Flag holder from the pinbox when our other neighbour Rick asked why I was doing that. So I told him as well. Luckily at that point Kathy rescued me by calling me in for lunch or I’d never have gotten away. 
Kathy again did the dishes after we’d finished eating and I headed up on our roof. There I reinstalled the original Batwing Antenna that we could never get good reception with. I also laid the solar panels down flat on the roof for traveling purposes. 

On the ground I removed our bicycle carrier along with the brackets for our bumper mounted clothes line. Unfortunately, by doing that I had to find a different way to mount the backup floodlights on the back of the trailer. Most trailers don’t have backup lights but every one we’ve had I had installed them. I couldn’t stand it when I was trying to back up the trailers and someone would park in my path. The flood lights also help when getting into a campground late in the day.  

I was drenched by then because the Humidex was 104 F (40 C) at 1:30 this afternoon. There’s more to do yet but I had to clean up because Kathy had a doctor’s appointment in Windsor for 2:30. We had time to spare but it felt good to have Air Conditioning to cool down. Kathy’s doctor had been away for a much needed two-week vacation and her office was packed. We didn’t leave there until nearly 3:15. 

Using our list for guidance our next stop was Guardian Storage where in our mail Kathy got the four mystery paperback books she ordered from Amazon that were all written by our friend Nick Russell of the Gypsy Journal fame. We’ve never been disappointed with any of his books because he’s a talented writer. We also went back to our Climate Controlled Storage Unit where we store a few things and brought Home a few others. 

It was past 4:00 by that time so we stopped at Taco Bell where we shared a Big Box Crunch-wrap slider combo which was more than enough for the both of us. I also walked to the Credit Union to do some banking. 

Back in April when we moved from our apartment into our Fulltiming Lifestyle we returned some unused boxes we’d purchased at U-Haul. Today we went back to get a few more so we can use them when transferring things from one trailer to the other. This time when we are done with them we’ll put them in our storage unit for future use. 

Our last stop was at the Tecumseh Mall where Kathy went to pick up and try on the Capris that she put on order early last week at the Alia/Tan Jay store. While she did that I went to The Source (Canadian version of Radio Shack) where I purchased a new Lithium battery for our bedroom clock. 

Leaving the mall, we drove past our daughter Karen’s home shortly before 5:30 but with no cars in the driveway we just kept going. We managed to be Home before the 6 o’clock News started and the big story was the Heat Warnings that are still in effect for our area into the weekend. Karen would later call us on the phone where Kathy told her about our New Home. She can't wait to see it.
Sunday night's Sunset.
We managed to remove things from our walls that were held up with two-sided tape and Velcro making the trailer start to look empty. We have an appointment tomorrow morning then we’ll try to get more things finished on the trailer. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy! 

It’s about time.
 
Sorry pictures are from
our files. No pictures
taken today.
Krackers 

The next time you feel like complaining remember: 

Your garbage disposal probably eats better than 

thirty percent of the people in this world.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Rick...just curious, have you encountered the formaldehyde odor in new campers? It really turned me off buying a new one. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now wouldn't that be a hoot if they did buy your trailer. At least they would know it came from a loving, caring couple.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! How exciting for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always want an RV that needs no mods:) On number four and yet to make any significant chances in any of them.

    ReplyDelete