It's about time.

Many of you that can relate to this. Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, August 4, 2016

Completing Errands, Saving More Lives and Not the News We Wanted To Hear.

Our Location today is McGregor, Ontario, Canada. 

Within minutes of going to bed last night I was back in front of my laptop. The reason for getting out of bed was not from being wide awake but because I was experiencing severe pain in the quad muscles on my legs. Having experienced these pains before and writing about it in a previous post I was lucky enough someone had suggested in a comment to ingest a minute amount of salt. With all the high temperatures we are presently experiencing in our area it is very easy to become dehydrated even if we are drinking lots of liquids. What is happening when we perspire is we are also losing salt from our bodies so the water is not retained. When the muscles don’t have enough liquid the pain can be excruciating. After using less than a tenth of a teaspoon of salt and twenty ounces of water I was back to bed before 1:00 this morning with no more leg pains.  
We were up shortly after 8:00 this morning because I had an appointment. We also wanted to check a few other things out as well. I spent very little time this morning on the computers only corresponding to E-mails before getting cleaned up for my busy day. 
Using our truck, we were on our way to Windsor before 10:30 this morning and our first stop was the Ministry of Transportation Enforcement Office at 150 Ouellette Place. As I mentioned the other day we wanted to get this straightened once and for all the issue of licensing for our truck. The gentleman we spoke to listened carefully and was very courteous but admitted he knew nothing about licensing for RVs and the person that did had just left for the day. He suggested contacting the Enforcement Officers at the Manning Road Scales on the 401 Highway. 
Notice both our sandwiches were already being eaten
before the picture was taken.
It was only 11:00 when we were leaving but since we’d never been to this building before we were surprised to see a small café style restaurant downstairs. The place was called Suzi’s Grill Café. The inside décor was mixed European but the breakfast and lunch menu was definitely North American. Kathy ordered a Corned Beef Sandwich with fries and coleslaw while I had a Ruben with a bowl (not a cup) of chicken noodle soup. Since we’d had a light breakfast when our food was delivered we were already eating it before remembering to take pictures. It all tasted great and was priced reasonably. We watched as people drove up to this office building and came straight into this café. We both gave it two thumbs up and will be going back when we’re in the neighbourhood. 
We then headed over to Guardian Storage for the simple reason of collecting two pieces of junk mail. The next stop was the old Red Cross building on Grand Marais for multiply reasons. First we both needed a nature break. Then while Kathy made herself comfortable to get some reading done I went to the far side of the building used by VitalAire. They had finally gotten the Mask Shields I need because I am allergic to the materials my mask is made from. Once I put those in the truck I returned to the front of the building where the Canadian Blood Services are located. This may have been my one hundred and second blood donation but this was the first time all the paperwork was done electronically. When I checked my E-mail this morning the form that I used to fill out at the donation center before was there for me to fill out online. I then printed out a code bar that they scanned and were able to access my file on their computers thus saving lots of wasted time. The extra salt I had last night raised my blood pressure to 110/85. The blood was donated and we were on our way out the door by 1:30. 
The next stop was the Tecumseh Mall where Kathy went to the Alia/Tan Jay Store. They make good quality clothes that lasts a long time. Since they were out of stock of the Capris that Kathy wanted they ordered them in for next week. When we come to pick them up Kathy can verify the fit before leaving the store. 
The heat was starting to bother us by the time we got back to the truck so a quick stop at Wendy’s for one of their small Frosty’s. Not only did it help us to cool down but we saved money because they are only a dollar each throughout the summer. 
We made another stop at the Home Hardware for some cleaning and gardening supplies before we headed out to the Manning Road Truck Scales out on Highway 401. We explained our problem to one officer who passed us to her senior. When we explained the whole charade we’ve been through about trying to get the Commercial Exemption Sticker for our truck and what we had been told by the Retired Ministry of Transport Officer. He admitted that he was rusty on some of the things for RVs because he mainly dealt with trucks and semis. He asked for our patience and he would find out. At least it was comfortable inside but when he came back nearly an hour later the news was not good. He carefully explained how refurbished semis used to tow fifth wheel trailers were set up inside (Fridge, Microwave, Toilet and Bed) thus making them RVs allowing them to be exempt. The pickup trucks we described with the exemption stickers could only have gotten them by lying about the weight of the vehicles. He suggested doing exactly what we are now doing raising the weight rating on our tags when we travel and lowering them when we get back to the park. 
This sign was across the highway from the MTO Scales.
We left there a little down in the mouth but at least we know that we aren’t breaking the law by having our truck licensed incorrectly. We had a bowl of tomato rice soup for our supper. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy! 

It’s about time. 


Joke of the Day 

Two antennas met on a roof, 

fell in love and got married.

The ceremony wasn't much, 

but the reception was excellent.


  1. God grief. All that running around just to be told keep doing what you are doing. There wasn't a person that could have told you that on the phone!