It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, August 11, 2016

More Preparations and Everyone Wants To See It.


Our Location today is McGregor, Ontario, Canada. 

Not wanting a repeat of the last few nights I had a cup of Sleepy Time Tea while I wrote the blog last night and only remembered laying down then waking up shortly after 7:30 this morning. Kathy has been sleeping quite soundly so she had regular tea instead. Guess who was busy organizing the new trailer most of the night instead of sleeping and woke up tired this morning. 

Even though we were up early we didn’t have much time to spend at the computers. There were a number of comments asking for pictures of the new trailer so the easiest way to check it out would be to go Online. Type in this entire description 2014 Jayco Eagle Premier 351 MKTS and you’ll be able to see pictures taken by the dealers. Since we are losing our outdoor kitchen fridge we were lucky enough to get the twelve cubic foot side by side refrigerator to make up for it. 

After the normal inside chores I was soon headed outside before 9:00 this morning and the Humidex was already at 100 F (38 C). Kathy had a morning appointment in the trailer so she was doing double duty getting ready for that plus packing and purging STUFF we won’t be using in the new trailer.  

Once I’d watered our flowers as well as the weekend seasonal camper’s flowers I removed our storage skirt from the front of our trailer. Spreading it out on the grass behind our shed gave me a little bit of shade to help with the high heat. I was surprised just how dirty it had gotten in the three months it had been installed. With a bucket of soapy water and a stiff long handled brush I managed to make it appear white once again. Even though I was drinking plenty water I still ended up drinking a bottle of Gatorade before lunch to be able to continue working. 

Mary from Healthy Heals arrived just before 11:00 and I noted she was parking her car with the windows closed. I reminded her she wasn’t in the city and she could lower her windows so the heat wouldn’t build as much. Inside the trailer as she was attending Kathy’s feet Kathy told her about our new trailer. She can’t wait to see it! 
After Mary left Kathy busied herself making her Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup which helped to clean up even more food from the fridge. She managed to chop everything without cutting herself today. I was busy flushing our waste tanks when she called me in to lunch. At that point I was so hot and hungry I didn’t start eating slow enough and managed to find out just how hot the soup really was. 

With lunch over Kathy went back to rearranging things and packing so we’ll hopefully spend less time at the RV Dealership. I’d gone back outside to fold up the storage skirt that I’d left for the sun to dry when suddenly it started raining fairly heavy so I was back inside really quick. It only lasted enough to wet the entire patio. 

At that point Kathy from her lack of sleep and me from exposure to the excessive heat needed a quick Snap. Fifteen minutes later we were back on the job Kathy inside and me outside. When I polished the Nose Cap of the trailer the other evening the storage skirt was still in place and when I removed it this morning you could easily see where I had not polished. An hour later the entire front on the trailer was shiny. 

When we’d had our break earlier I’d suggested that I could grill something on the Weber for supper. As I finished the polishing Kathy gave me some nice Salmon fillets to grill while she baked a couple of smaller potatoes as well as cooking some baby carrots inside. It all tasted great and was a refreshing meal. 
On the 6 o’clock News they were showing that the slight shower we had turned into a major downpour that lasted nearly an hour in Windsor. Guess we got lucky! They also showed the Humidex at the moment was 109 F (43 C) and it’ll get worse tomorrow. 

I went back outside after the news to first add more Gatorade to the outside fridge, finish mounting the seven-point plug on the back bumper and to rearrange the shed. By making more room in the shed I’m hoping to be able to leave more things from the basement here to shorten our stay at the dealership. Once the new trailer is back on our site I’ll be able to better organize the basement and hopefully it won’t be so hot. 
When I came in for the evening Kathy had been talking to our good friends Vera and Bill and she told her about the new trailer. It’s looking like we’re going to have to start schedule appointments for everyone to see it. We both drank Sleepy Time Tea tonight. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy! 

It’s about time.
Krackers 

Office Jokes, Quotes, and Anecdotes 

Never delay the ending of a meeting or the beginning of a cocktail hour. 

Dribbleglass.com

4 comments:

  1. Wow, congratulations on your new trailer. Gee, maybe I should try SleepyTime tea. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice - can hardly wait to get a "guided picture" tour!!! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We checked out the site of your new trailer, it looks real nice, I am sure you will enjoy and make it your own in no time. Have fun setting it up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, I missed reading the blog for a couple of days and look what's happening.

    ReplyDelete