It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, August 26, 2016

It Wasn’t As Easy As I Thought.


Our Location today is McGregor, Ontario, Canada. 

After helping to celebrate our son Kevin’s Birthday last evening we didn’t have any problems falling asleep at all. Just like a baby who has just been fed or adults having a big meal at some of the major holidays, food actually helps you to sleep. Even though most of it was fairly healthy except for the calories in the cake we really didn’t overdo it but we still slept until morning. I did have my morning reading completed and breakfast ready before finally waking Kathy. She started her new medication to help clear up an ear infection before going to bed and still felt groggy an hour after getting out of bed this morning. 

Once my morning chores were finished I had additional research before tackling a task this afternoon. Back in May I mentioned about researching how to replace the rear window in our Ford F350 Super-Duty Crew Cab. All the online do-it-yourself gurus show you on older model F150 standard cab pickups which involve removing trim with either screws, clips or small bolts. 

In order to remove the window in our truck the Wind-Deflector Bar had to be removed as well as interior trim and insulation along the rear wall where the wires ran but there were no visibly clips or fasteners holding the window anywhere. Using as many of the finer pry tools I had on hand they just seemed unable to slip through whatever was holding the rear window in place. The 97 F (36 C) Humidex wasn’t helping and finally coming short of smashing the window out with a hammer I needed to cool down. 

Kathy suggested calling J& B Auto Recyclers on Provincial Road where we had purchased the replacement window for some pointers of how they generally do it. After introducing myself and describing our truck the young man remembered it. After consulting with some of his coworkers in the office he said normally they recommend going to Glass Masters on Walker Road because the window is held in place with a super epoxy glue and they have the equipment that breaks it down. He remembered me saying I was going to do it myself so he didn’t tell me about them. I called Glass Masters once again explaining the situation with the window. The price for removing the old window and installing the new one is only $150.00 and I don’t have to lift a finger except putting the trim that I removed back after they are finished. We have a Monday morning appointment. 

I waited until after supper and the 6 o’clock News were over before going outside to close things up. That was how badly the heat had drained my energy level. Going through the materials that had been stored in the basement of the Avalanche I was able to create new cushion pads for the Wind-Deflector Bar on the truck as well as making the framework from a “J” channel for our Skylight Shade to block out the hot or cold weather and to keep the morning sun from waking us too early. 

Tomorrow we’ll manage to get a few more things completed so we’ll be ready when it’s time for us to head southwest this fall. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy! 

It’s about time.

Krackers 

Words of Inspiration 

The happiest person is the person who thinks the most interesting thoughts. 

Timothy Dwight, American Minister and Professor

1 comment:

  1. Really intersting information .. You are really smart to deal with that off problem. I've found another option of Ford F150 Window Deflectors.

    ReplyDelete