It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, November 21, 2015

More Research For Travel And Solar Along With Repairs And S@#w.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Strangely I managed to once again sleep in until nearly 7:30 this morning.  With last night’s outside temperature dipping below the freezing mark we stayed toasty warm under our new bedcover that we’ll be bringing with us when we move into the trailer in the spring. My first look outside this morning was no surprise as the roofs of vehicles throughout the parking lot had turned white. As we were enjoying our breakfast the light flurries became more dramatic as the flakes grew in size. Yes the weather guessers actually got it right but as the sun rose somewhere behind the clouds it was still warm enough for everything to begin melting and the flakes turned to rain.

This would become a stay at home day where we got a number of things accomplished. One of our dining chairs from the trailer had a problem with the lower back on it. I simply drilled out the plug and found that the factory had installed a screw that was way too short. Simply replacing it with a longer screw and a new plug was all it took to make the repair. Kathy played around researching alternate routes that we could be taking next fall when we head first south then westward. She is allowing more open plans giving us the freedom to wander at a more leisure pace than we normally do.

I did more online research about the solar panels and equipment this morning and found that even some of the distributers that I’d found last year have now gone to being wholesalers and it would be impractical for me to be ordering a skid of solar panels. I was in contact with Keith from London Fuller this afternoon about what I’m looking at for our solar panel system on the trailer. He said I definitely will never have to worry about running too much power through the cables that I’ve already run. He was suggesting certain equipment for the controller, inverter and panels and I was telling him my preferences. I had planned on using 100 watt solar panels but at only a dollar a watt for larger panels there might be a change of plans. As for the rest of the equipment he’ll be calling back on Monday with prices for us.

Later in the afternoon our daughter Karen called explaining she had to have her computer repaired and when the service tech asked if she needed to save anything she said no. Karen hasn’t been thinking too clearly since she was involved in an eight car pileup last February when a driver was busy texting instead of watching for stopped traffic ahead. Today when she realized she’d lost her Christmas Tracking file I’d made for her she knew enough to call me knowing that I’d still have it on file. It didn’t take long to E-mail it over to her.

I am still trying to come up with a solution about solving the Bad Request Error 400 message that is not allowing us to post pictures on our blog. Reading one fixit post it says that it has to do with a problem with an E-mail. Another fixit post says that it is due to tracking cookies while yet another says that it is caused by a bad URL address that probably has the percentage sign (%) in it. Following the instructions I actually found two of those percentage signs in URLs in the Resource area of the blog but I was unable to remove them.

This evening Kathy watched a Christmas Special on television while I set up our Pill Daucettes. Looking outside the balcony door everything in the parking lot was white and tomorrow we’ll be lucky if our high temperature reaches the freezing mark. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.


Krackers

A bicycle can't stand on its own, because it's two tired.

6 comments:

  1. I guess that is the Fall of 2015 you are referring to? Sherri and I have been on the road since July of this year and just now got settled back into our Port here on Lake Tawakoni. We just bought a new RV and are spending this time decorating and weeding through what we are putting into it. Some of the stuff we don't use and we are getting rid of it. Maybe you are already on the road???

    ReplyDelete
  2. I cannot believe you email has anything to do with the error. What a pain in the rear this is for y'all. Hope Goggle comes up with some alternate answer you haven't tried yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very great post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your weblog posts marcomacchiavelli

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice article and I want to appreciate you for sharing! read more

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just saying thanks will not just be sufficient, for the fantasti c lucidity in your writing. I will instantly grab your rss feed to stay informed of any updates. Zonnepanelen

    ReplyDelete