It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Timing.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

When the alarm went off at 7:00 this morning I really didn’t want to get up but I was just lucky to have this doctor’s appointment when I did. I had gotten my clothes ready last night so that I wouldn’t disturb Kathy because I know that she needs more sleep than I do to survive. 
Checking Kathy out and helping her to read her book.
Arriving at the office at 7:50 there were no lights inside and I was beginning to wonder if the receptionist had made a mistake when she had given me an 8:00 appointment. At 7:55 the elevator doors opened and out came the receptionist who after unlocking the office went about a very rehearsed routine of turning on the computer and lights as well as making certain all the examination rooms were ready for use. At 8:00 three more people came in all saying they had 8:00 appointments but the doctor didn’t arrive until 8:15. At 8:50 I was only blocks away from home fueling up the car. 
Learning what shoelaces are.
Kathy had waited to eat breakfast with me and we sat at the computers doing our morning reading while finishing our coffees. By 10:00 we were on our way to Amherstburg towards our son Kevin’s home. Since this was Wednesday we took advantage of my working on our projects combined with our evening visits. 

When we arrived Cameron was home sick with flue like symptoms that has been filling the local ERs with young children to early teens in our area. Kevin was busy cleaning out his back shed that had recently been flooded in a couple of the heavy rain storms this area has seen. I told him to keep doing what he needed to do and I worked on our cart myself. 
Filing the wood panels for a precise fit.
Having made a couple of past mistakes that I didn’t notice at the same time I had to replace a few pieces of material but the new stock wasn’t the same thickness. That meant that I had to do further adjusting but it all worked out to a tighter fit. 
The unfinished Cart Kathy had me build for the trailer.
Kathy made macaroni and cheese for Cameron for lunch which is one of his favorite things to eat. She then notified me it was lunch time shortly after 12:30 so we went over to McDonalds where we used a coupon to enjoy a discounted lunch. 

Shortly after 1:00 I was back in the garage finally starting to assemble pieces that were meshing together the way I had originally intended they would. Kathy came to the garage to see my progress around 3:00 and was so impressed and liking what she saw that it was past 5:30 when I completed the main assembly before we both left for supper. 

By this time Melissa was home from work and even though we offered to pick her and Kevin up a submarine sandwich they said they were good. Kathy and I shared a 12 inch BLT that we found more than filling. 

It was 6:45 by the time we got back to our Wednesday visit but while Kathy and Melissa visited inside Kevin helped me to clean the garage of things I no longer need there. We even loaded the cart in the truck so that I’ll be able to stain it at the apartment. Once we all started visiting I realized there are still four small projects that I still have to complete in their garage. 

Kevin and Melissa recently had to give up one of the cats when she started to terrorized everyone in the house. Melissa’s coworkers found a small kitten under their porch last week and were unable to find its owners. Knowing that Melissa has a soft spot in her for kittens they offered it to her. Kathy came up with the name Boots because all its paws are white and a loving face. It is the typical curious kitten that will bring years of love to their household. 

It was after 9:00 by the time we got home and I am having a hard time keeping my eyes open as I type this post. Tomorrow is another day and who knows what it will bring. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You call the stains on your sofa "the pattern."

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I love that Boots. What a doll. You are so right. This little one will bring so much love, fun, and laughter to the house!

    ReplyDelete