It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Talking Turkey.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Back in July when Kathy and I visited with my sister Anna she gave us a little gift to take home. She had read our blog about our problem of not having a good night’s sleep. The gift was a box of herbal tea meant for helping people with sleeping problems to be able to get the rest they should when they close their eyes for the night. Last night both Kathy and I had a cup of tea around 9:00 but didn’t get to bed until midnight. I only had brief moments of partial wakefulness while Kathy said it kept her awake. Tonight we’ll try having our tea just before we go to bed and see how that works. 

Last week we gave a list of things that needed tending to in our apartment to the new manager. Yesterday we received a notice in our mailbox that today our issues would be taken care of but between 9:00 and 1:00. If you want to be there when the maintenance personnel come to do those repairs you can basically waste half a day. 

At 10:30 I went downstairs to check the mail. At 11:00 our daughter Karen came over for a short visit and to have me do her a little favor on the computer. At 11:05 Dan the maintenance man showed up. He was able to replace the two window screens that birds had pecked holes into and repair a drawer face that he had repaired a month ago that he put back noticeably crooked. He’ll return tomorrow to repair the toilet that he has already fixed before. Once Dan left Kathy then had me fix the repaired drawer face that Dan had just repaired. I had Karen’s paperwork done in less than ten minutes. Karen also brought us some nice Beef-steak Tomatoes and as soon as she left Kathy and I got busy blanching them and then making tomato soup for lunch.   

We were on the road by 1:00 to run some errands. Our first stop was the storage yard where I picked up my portable workbench and the entire container of power tools from the basement of the trailer. 

Our next stop was the Home Depot on Walker road for the materials and supplies for the latest project that I’ll be making for the trailer. Loading the truck took an interesting turn because the wind speed had increased from the time we went in the store and it took Kathy helping me to stop a sheet of plywood from becoming a kite.  We were half way to our next destination when I realized I had forgotten a small piece of material. We stopped at the east-end Home Depot and luckily found what I needed.   

A quick stop was made at the Credit Union before we went next door to the Zehr’s Grocery Store. Using our shopping list we found almost everything that we needed but we found even more. When we have family get-togethers Kathy and I always buy the meat for the occasion because it is held at the kid’s homes. Also since we’ll be celebrating the Canadian Thanksgiving in a month and Christmas is only 112 days away we have been looking for a couple of nice sized Turkeys. Going by the meat cooler which is normally filled with small turkeys today we spied two 21 pound turkeys that were on sale for a $1.99 a pound. Those birds practically flew into our shopping cart by themselves. 

On our way home we went over to Karen’s where she immediately put the Christmas turkey in her freezer. Back at the apartment it was quite a chore unloading the truck. We’ll be bringing the Thanksgiving Day turkey out to Kevin and Melissa’s next week when we go over for our weekly visit. The reason we have to shop for turkeys this early is the same as our Christmas shopping we’ll be too busy getting ready to leave for Florida later on. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Office Jokes, Quotes, and Anecdotes

Keep Mice Off Your Mouse Stop eating at your desk. If you let bits of your snack and lunches and vending machine booty slip into your computer keyboard during the day, don't be surprised to learn that they're luring vermin out at night. According to the Royal Society of Chemistry, workers who sit at dirty desks may be typing on keyboards and touching spaces that have mouse droppings.

Liz. Wolgermuth, U.S. News and World Report

3 comments:

  1. If I would drink that tea that late at night, I would have to be sure it was decaf. I would be up all night if it were regular

    ReplyDelete
  2. Normally both Kevin and I have good sleeps but I have found now that if I have regular tea in the evening it seems to take me ages to get to sleep so just yesterday I bought some "Sleepytime" tea from Celestial. We both had a cup last night but I don't think it made any real difference. I will try it until the pack runs out and then see what I think of it.

    www.travelwithkevinandruth.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. No tea for me either, I would never get to sleep.

    ReplyDelete