It's about time.

Many of you that can relate to this. Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Rainy Runaround.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Kathy had a hard time sleeping last night. It seemed that every time she woke up through the night I wasn’t in bed so she didn’t sleep very soundly. I was having problems with the air from my CPAP mask pushing so much air down my cold aggravated throat that it would cause me to start coughing uncontrollably. Even though my body wasn’t getting properly recharged with oxygen by not wearing my mask it was the only way I could sleep without coughing. 

It was shortly after 8:00 by the time we had breakfast and neither of us were feeling too chipper. What didn’t help was looking out the balcony doors to the continual falling of rain. The Weather Channel showed we’d be done with the rain by lunch time but as usual that forecast would prove to be wrong. 

After going to the computers to catch up on our morning reading it didn’t take long for us to start researching other things. By midmorning our daughter Karen called us with a progress report of her morning appointments and verifying that our afternoon errand was still a go. No sooner had we hung up the phone from her when Jim from Windsor Gas and Diesel called to say the truck was ready to go. 

After having our lunch we immediately set out for Henry’s Camera Shop. Our large Canon SLR camera was having a problem. Since we only have the one lens for this camera when it was installed at their shop the day we purchased it was never removed it. Trying a different lens on the body Ted had no problems with the Autofocus feature on the camera. However when he put our lens on another camera it was having the same effect that we were experiencing. The lens would focus to infinite on things that were close and focus close on things at a distance. Luckily for us that Sigma lens when we purchased it had a ten year warranty. He said it should be back in six weeks but it could be back in three. We’ll keep our fingers crossed but in the mean time we’ll just use pictures from this past winter to fill the gap. 

Our next stop was to pick up the truck at Windsor Gas and Diesel. Even though the total bill hurt our budget the labor for fixing the flat, the brakes, changing a burnt bulb and doing a safety inspection was only 20 percent of the entire bill. The shop is a small operation but they treat everyone fairly and do great work. 

Kathy headed for home while I went to the Credit Union for some banking. On the way there I could really tell the brakes were working much better. 

At the apartment I put work boots on before we headed over to Karen’s. We had to drive about five miles to pick up some chain link fencing for her back yard. Unfortunately it was located in a new industrial park that we weren’t familiar with and it was still raining. We were fortunate enough to back into the shop door to get loaded up once we found it. 

After backing in to the driveway at Karen’s house she was going to have me just put the fencing in their garage. Instead I carried it to the rear of the back yard where it will be installed near the berm. Since it was still raining I had on my raincoat to keep dry my load belt to protect my back and stomach. Unfortunately because of all the rain we got today I found out that my work boots are no longer waterproof. 

Once I’d changed my shoes back at the apartment we weren’t long in heading out for supper as the balcony was way too wet to do any grilling on. We stopped at A&W on Walker Road where we both ate for less than ten dollars with the use of coupons. We then went to the Canadian Tire Store directly behind the restaurant so we could do some walking in a dryer atmosphere. 

Since today is Wednesday we headed out to our son Kevin and daughter-in-law Melissa’s for our weekly visit. After having a wonderful visit that is always filled with laughter it was time to leave for home. Something strange happened when we came outside. Would you believe the rain finally stopped. 

Tomorrow we have more appointments and errands that we have to get done before we head for White Lake Michigan next week on the 5th. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.


What is the best way to stop a fish from smelling?

Cut off its nose.

No comments:

Post a Comment