It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, May 31, 2014

Errands and WORK.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Once again sleeping with the windows slightly ajar has helped us to sleep more soundly. The only problem with that is we think we are experiencing the heavier night time humidity which is making our colds last longer than they should.

We were both up before 8:00 this morning with the plans to run a few errands but after breakfast we sat down at the computers and spent an hour more then we wanted.

Our first stop was to the Service Ontario Office for me to get my new Health Card. I have one of the 30 year old Red and White colored plastic cards. The Ontario government is trying to get rid of all those for the newer Photo ID health cards that have to be renewed every few years. The reason for doing that is to eliminate fraudulent cards that cost our health system millions of dollars per year by people not eligible for coverage. The line was as bad as when we went for the license tag for the truck but this time it only took us forty minutes to get through the long line up.

On our way back we stopped at the Metro grocery store to pick up things we couldn’t find on our list yesterday at the Freshco grocery store. 
Sanford looking for a ball.
At the apartment Kathy and I worked together cleaning up and recreating the leftovers in the fridge. Our lunch became an oversized version of a breakfast that would have a trucker waddling away from the table. This sized meal does not bother me when I know that I’ll be working it off and I knew that would happen this afternoon. 
Freshly painted rain barrel Karen wants to use for her plants.
After doing the dishes we drove over to our daughter Karen’s home. The main idea was to install chain-link fence posts at the rear of her yard. For years they have had a privacy fence between their home and her neighbor but only up to the railroad berm. They have now installed an above ground pool which requires a full fence being installed not something they or the neighbors want but the Bylaw requires. 
Here I'm explaining to Wayne what we need to do. 
First thing I did was to put a string line from the fence over the berm and down the other side up to the fence for the Railroad. Karen thought that was narrowing her yard so she moved it over. Once Wayne the neighbor came out I explained what I was doing and he started helping me. First we measured Karen’s yard then Wayne’s to determine the property line where the fence should end up. Karen was surprised to find the line back where I had originally put it. 
Getting my tools.
Since the post were not being cemented but driven into the berm I used masking tape to mark where each post would meet the ground. I then had to teach Wayne how to use a level as I slowly pounded each post in. Each post went in smoothly until the very last post which stopped about six inches from its intended depth. Since contractors typically bury construction debris in berms we figure we hit a rock, brick or cement slab. I simply trimmed the top off the length to meet the line of the other posts. We were lucky the temperature was not too hot and that part of the job went fairly quick especially for working on a forty degree slope. Now we have to watch the weather for when we can finish the job by adding the chain link. 
Here I'm driving the first post with a pounder as Wayne watches on.
Neither Kathy nor I felt like cooking after we left Karen’s so we used another A&W coupon where we both had supper for ten dollars. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Office Jokes, Quotes, and Anecdotes

Doing my part to keep the coffee industry financially strong.

Ephemera

No comments:

Post a Comment