It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, August 15, 2021

More Ads, Errands and Visiting with Friends.

 Our Location today is at Windsor, Ontario.

Click on the pictures to enlarge.

Even though I could have gotten up earlier I waited until nearly 8:00 to start my day. By the time Kathy joined me I’d managed to get a head start on my reading on the Computer. Breakfast was lite and simple and we took our Coffee/Tea back to where we were comfortable.

It didn’t take long before I got changed and made the bed. Kathy was insulted because I was cutting into her now daily chores. To fix that the only thing I could do was the Dishes to help clean off the counter. While she was drying them off I went back to agitate my Coveralls in the Pail in the Bathtub. The water was still coming out murky so I emptied that out and put fresh water for a Rinse. I agitated that for another Ten Minutes. This time the water only came our a dingy grey.

I took the time to squeeze as much of the water out of the Coveralls I could which would make them lighter to carry. The Bathtub needed a good cleaning to get rid of the residue that didn’t directly go down the drain. Then I got things ready so I could soak my feet in an Epson Salts Bath.

While the Water cooled slightly I went down to the Laundry Room with the Coveralls. In an attempt to get more residue out I added a Two Caps of Detergent before heading back to the Apartment.

The water temperature was perfect and I could hear my feet thanking my for this treatment. As soon as they felt better I returned to the Laundry Room to retrieve my Coveralls unlike the last time. It looks like they came out cleaner then the last time.

For lunch we had Split Pea with Ham Soup along with a Cantaloupe for dessert that we didn’t want going bad. I felt stuffed after eating all of that but Kathy reminded me that it was mostly Liquid we were eating.

With comfortable temperatures and sunny skies we were soon heading out to run more errands.

Our first stop was The Home Depot to return the Lawnmower Wheels that I was originally going to put on our Folding Shopping Cart. The money was instantly returned on our Debit Card. We also returned a couple of Drawer Glides that we had planned to use in the Trailer but had a change of plans. Not knowing where the Receipt was the credit went to a Home Depot Card. I know that won’t be going to waste.

We headed to Dollarama where we needed to get a few more things we didn’t get yesterday. I needed new Shoelaces for my Safety Shoes but the shortest ones they had were longer then what I have and they are too long. After getting a few more bottles of Carbonated Juice to rebuild our stockpile we were on our way to Walmart. They had shorter Shoelaces that I believe will work so I got Two Pair. That was the only thing we got while there.

We headed over to the Zehr’s grocery store to get some Salads that we forgot to add to yesterday’s List.

(L-R) Jean, Karen and Bob.

We simply carried the few purchases we had up to the Apartment. It was only minutes later that our daughter Karen called. Their Good Friends that we know had stopped in and they were going to have Burgers and Corn on the Cob. Apologizing for the late invite but we were welcome to join them.

Truly a summertime feast.

With everyone being totally Vaccinated it was nice seeing Jean and Bob again considering it’s been nearly Two Years. Tyler and Jess were busy keeping the dogs occupied as they were making use of the Swimming Pool. Greg again was displaying his grilling abilities cooking the Hamburgers to perfection. Karen had made a great Potato Salad as well as a Greek Salad that included lots of Feta Cheese. This turned into the second Feast we had in one day. We had a great time visiting along with a delightful meal. Karen apologized that she’s only served us Burgers lately but we prefer them to Steaks.

Strawberry Shortcake with Ice Cream.

Back at the Apartment we immediately fell back into routine getting things ready to start another Work-Week.

As Sunset nears.

Since we weren’t home to watch the 6 o’clock Local News we have nothing to reported about the Coronavirus Cases in the Windsor/Essex Region or the Variants of Concern.

The Weather Network showed that our Humidex felt like 81 F (27 C) and with each passing day it will get warmer throughout this week.

Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment unless it personally attacks someone for their opinion or is Spam.

Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

What’s the advantage of living in Switzerland?


Well the flag is a big plus.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great Sunday spending with family, friends and good food. Kathy is right, leave some jobs and errands to her. You are doing enough already and she knows you'd be doing more if needed or asked for.

    ReplyDelete