It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Friday, December 19, 2014

Hectic Day.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Not only did we watch a Christmas movie until midnight last night but I was up and exercising by 6:00 this morning. Little did I know that Kathy had gotten up at 7:00 due to congestion affecting her breathing. I found her in the recliner when I went to open the livingroom drapes at 8:00. 

After having breakfast I soon dressed for the colder temperatures that we are experiencing to go check out what the problem was with the truck. Last night we had intended to drop the car off for safe keeping at our son Kevin’s while we are away for this winter instead the truck would not start. I was successful at getting it started this morning after a short charging period with the car however when batteries are drained that low they will never charge 100%. I called around getting prices and found the most reasonable cost at Windsor Gas and Diesel. I planned to change them myself to save the labor costs so Jim said he’d put two of them aside for me. Kathy stayed behind to try to make up some of her lost sleep and to finish some cleaning. 

I simply drove the truck over and changed the batteries right in his parking lot. This also worked out great because I simply left the old batteries with Jim and he didn’t have to charge me a core fee. We spoke for about ten minutes about something I need him to adjust on the truck in the future. 

I was home by noon and while we were eating the last of Kathy’s chicken noodle soup for lunch the phone rang. Because of the battery problem we had missed our appointment with our bank this morning. They told me just to come in this afternoon so as soon as we were finished lunch we headed out the door. A ten minute drive, fifteen minutes of taking care of business and now the peace of mind about our finances while we’re away priceless. 

We went over to the dollar store looking for end caps for chair legs but couldn’t find any. Instead we ran into a friend I went through school with from grade one until we graduated from high-school Gary and his wife Jaquelyn. They have recently sold their home and will be heading to Florida in February. 

Over to Walmart we found everything on our shopping list. We did have to stop at Shoppers Drug Store where Kathy was able to find a new perfume she has been wanting to try. Back at the apartment Kathy was moving books around that she brings on our travels and she found the underwater camera that we had presumed we had lost and already replaced. It was nowhere near where it should have been. The next time we are swimming we’ll each have our own camera. 

After supper we went to Families First Funeral Home to pay our respects to our friend Bill whose brother Alex passed away early Wednesday morning after a short battle with lung cancer not stomach cancer as I had earlier stated. I’ve already corrected that post. 

Kathy and I would like to welcome Tom and Deb Duchaine as our latest blog followers. Unfortunately they don’t have a personal blog listed at this time but if it changes I’ll let everyone know so we can see what they might be up to. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

Your sneeze can disrupt TV reception.

No comments:

Post a Comment