It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, August 23, 2014

The Water Ran Red.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

This is really turning in to a pleasant change of pace for both Kathy and I. Yes I know I shouldn’t mention it because I’ll probably Jinx one or both of us but we’ve been sleeping at night the way most everyone else does. This is surprising because people who suffer from Sleep Apnea generally suffer one side effect in particular and that is Insomnia. It was after 8:00 this morning that we finally woke up but yet we still felt like we could have slept longer. 
Short back ribs in the Crock Pot.
Once breakfast was over we headed to the computers to get caught up on our reading and messages. Kathy then started reading the news while I returned to a couple of blogs that I had set aside because of their length. I always read all the blogs on the sidebar but being a slower reader than Kathy it takes me longer. I have noted that on occasion I have to resign-in on other blogs because for some reason google signs me out. This has caused a few of those bloggers to ask why I haven’t been reading them for a while when I in fact have. 
You can only see the front row of gifts.
After lunch Kathy put spare ribs in the slow cooker for supper. I walked over to the Metro Grocery store to pick up a few things we needed which also gave me exercise. When I got back to the apartment Kathy was just putting the vacuum cleaner away from having cleaned the apartment. She then set herself up on the dining room table to wrap the latest Christmas gifts that we had picked up yesterday. Don’t forget that she had finished all the wrapping by August 4th last year and here we are with only 124 shopping days left and we still have more shopping to do. Heaven Forbid. 
Busy sanding the reddish stain off the wood.
Even though the Humidex was teetering just below the Century mark for our area today I set myself up on the balcony. I needed to clean off some of stain on the cabinetry that I had made for our trailer. Being in a rush as most people are when I first stained the wood I didn’t do a test on it but just applied it on everything. Now Kathy and I had taken a stain chart to the trailer so the finished effect would be close to the wood from the manufacture. We chose the tone of Gunstock but when the wood dried it came out Sedona Red. The can had been mislabeled. By the time Kathy called me for supper I had sanded the three doors and the one drawer face. 
A satisfying meal.
The meal turned out wonderful as it always does when Kathy makes it. She had cooked short-back ribs with a baked potato with salsa and green beans with bacon chips. It was all delicious! I sat on the dining room chair after the meal so I could watch the 6 o’clock News before we did the dishes together. The reason I did that is because I was covered with red saw dust from all the sanding I had been doing. 
Still at it.
I went back out to the balcony to finish sanding the breadbox. After sweeping the dust off the balcony I headed straight to take a shower. My clothes went right into a plastic bag so when I do the laundry I’ll be rinsing them off before putting them with the rest of the clothes. For some reason my shower water that was going down the drain was red in color. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Office Jokes, Quotes, and Anecdotes

Resume Blunders Under "reason for leaving"

[the applicant] stated "threat of death."

Cathleen Faerber, The Wellesley Group, Inc., CNN.com

3 comments:

  1. It does pay to not be in a hurry especially when trying to match stain, hope it works out well for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you gave me a great idea for dinner. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why does it always take longer to correct a mistake than it takes to make it????

    ReplyDelete