It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, September 22, 2012

Giving Life.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Today the first thing Kathy and I would like to do is to welcome Sam and Donna Weibel to the blog Sam & Donna-5th Wheel Vagabonds as our newest followers. They have been bloggers since 2010 and enjoy their travels and home life that they like to share with their furkids. Again we Thank You for following our post.
The strangest thing happened this morning when I went outside even though the thermometer said it was cool it was comfortable. There was no breeze and the sun was making an appearance but decided to go back into hiding this afternoon.
When I arrived at the Blood Donor clinic for my scheduled donation there were a group of young women in the lobby. These young women were the mothers of children that are presently being treated for Cancer. Years ago when you heard the word Cancer you automatically thought the person was old and they were not going to make it.
Today we are hearing more and more of children even babies having the disease. We are also seeing today more and more survivors of the disease young and old. Many of those survivors are very thankful to the faceless donors whose blood transfusions have helped to save their lives.
Recently I heard somebody at a gathering that a friend of theirs was terribly sick. Their plans to show their support for them was they were going to get a Tattoo. To me that does nothing to help support their friend. Suggesting blood donations to that person I was told they are scared of needles. DUHH Tattoos use needles that many times are contaminated and transfer diseases.
If you really want to show someone you care donate blood on their behalf. If you haven’t had a Tattoo or Body Piercing of any sort for at least a year you can do it with no problem. If you are scared of needles just turn your head the other way. It is guaranteed you will feel good knowing that you might actually have done something to help someone in need.
Today was my 80th donation and I plan on continuing this giving the gift of life for as long as my body allows me. Besides that might just be someone’s Christmas gift which is only 96 days away.
This afternoon Kathy and I actually just sat back and relaxed while watching a couple of movies on the television we had never seen before. Thanks for stopping by and feel free to follow along with us and leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Office Jokes, Quotes, and Anecdotes

Office Sniglet Aqualibrium (ak wa lib're um) n.

The point where the stream of the drinking fountain

water is at its perfect height, thus relieving the drinker from

 (a) having to suck the nozzle, or

(b) squirting himself in the eye.

Rich Hall, Sniglets

5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on 80 donations! I received a donation that helped save my life!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on #80. A very noble thing you've done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I couldn't agree more, Rick and Kathy. My little grand niece is battling leukemia. Donating blood or donating the money that was to be spent on a tattoo makes so much more sense and would be so much better spent. Heck, donate to St. Judes or any American Cancer Society--getting the tattoo, in my opinion, is self-serving and does nothing for the patient.

    I used to donate blood on a regular basis (no where near 80 times-congratulations and thank you), but then something got too low and I could no longer donate, and haven't been able to any time I've tried.

    For my niece, I tried to sign up as a bone marrow donor, but I'm too old. That breaks my heart. I offered to try giving blood, but if you donate blood to a child, you cannot, for some reason donate marrow. That was before I learned of the age restriction. Now, if I can build up my blood to an acceptable level, I'll donate it.

    Thanks for this very important blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post and thank you for sharing the gift of life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on 80, that is quite and accomplishment. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete