It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Thoughtless!

Our Location Today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

I think my back has ESP. Our computers have been slow the last few days so last night I set them to run virus scans before going to bed. By 7:30 my back had me out of bed so I checked both computers and reset them for a spyware scan. I just finished doing that at 7:50 when the phone rings. Karen said Tyler was feeling under the weather and asked if we had any plans for the day. Since it was only errands I had her drop him off on her way to work.

When he got here he headed straight to the couch covered up and was out like a light. Kathy and I had our breakfast and got ready to do our running. Once I had the car warmed up and the ice scraped off the windows Kathy and Tyler came out. At our second stop Tyler was again asleep in the backseat of the car. Four stops total and we were back home.

Tyler was awake long enough to have lunch and play on the computer for about 15 minutes then back asleep on the couch until his dad stopped to pick him up at 3:15. For someone who is active in sports to spend most of his day with us sleeping we knew he was sick. We hope the little guy is feeling better tomarrow after a good nights sleep.

On yesterdays post I showed the picture of the hawk that I had taken. Judy from Travels With Emma commented it appeared to be a Red Tailed Hawk. We had no idea as to the type of hawk it was as we are only starting to learn about birding so a big Thank You Judy for giving us a direction to look. It was very interesting to read about how they struggle to survive the first two years, then mating for life and sharing the responsibility of taking care of the eggs and their young. Some humans should take notes.

Donna Krecklow from Travels in Therapy commented that I was Johnny On The Spot with the camera. After having missed the picture of the Hawk on Sunday I was hoping that it would come back so I left the camera out of the case basically on standby. If I had put it in the case the night before I would not have gotten those pictures yesterday.

The title of this post deals with me today. After running the errands this morning and watching over Tyler being sick both Kathy and I started really feeling tired and having a headache. I'm even feeling a scratchy throat just like Tyler had. Good thing we're retired. So this afternoon feeling a little like my head was in the clouds never even thought to take pictures when there was a 100 ton crane putting an antenna on the roof of our building today. I think it was partly because I used to work on jobs with cranes that used the one of today's size to set-up the big crane. It was old hat to me and I didn't even think of the opportunity I was missing for tonight's post.

Hopefully the sandpaper throat and the headache will be gone for tomorrow so that we can start looking foward to the arrival of Spring in 21 days. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It's about time.


Krackers


Who was the most powerful cat in China?

Chairman Miaow.

4 comments:

  1. Sure hope Tyler gets to feeling better fast. Too bad he had to be so generous and share it with you and Kathy!! Take care and DON'T get sick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww hope Tyler feels better soon...hope your better in the morning...you don't need to be sick again so soon....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopefully you guys won't get knocked down with the yucks, and thanks for the comments on our blog. Good to know as you just stated, what may be mundaine to one can be of intrest to others. Thanks Again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you don't get what Tyler had. Keep counting spring will soon be here.

    ReplyDelete