It's about time.

Many of you that can relate to this. Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Who’d Have Known.

Our Location today is McGregor, Ontario, Canada. 

With the slight amount of fresh air that we were exposed to yesterday we were both so tired that we were in bed before 11:30 last night. Real Party Animals Huh! The Air Conditioner could be heard cycling on and off throughout the night but it had an additional affect. It was past 8:30 when my eyes focused on the clock. Being almost in a state of shock it didn’t take long for me to be up and getting things ready for breakfast. Of course sensing my absence and hearing dishes coming out of the cupboard Kathy soon joined me in the kitchen. 
Nice lilies that Pauline gave us Friday evening.
A phone on it's charging base to the left.
As soon as we’d finished eating I got changed and out the door in order to water the outside vegetation which now includes two of the seasonal weekender’s plants before it got to hot. I’m just being a helpful neighbour because those plants would be toast by the time their owners returned to water them. By 9:30 this morning the Humidex was already at 97 F (36 C) but being in the shade there was a slight breeze that helped me to feel comfortable. I even walked over to the Park’s Trash and Recycle Area before going back in the trailer. 

I’d barely walked in the door when Kathy was telling me friends and family had E-mailed her saying they had been leaving Voice Mail and we hadn’t called. She’d already tried calling our Home number with a cell phone and it never even rang. Using our Home phone, we called our message center to check for Voice Mail only to find no messages logged in. 
This is the main charging/relay base for our Home cordless phones
Within minutes I was explaining our problem to Dave a technician with Bell Wireless. He checked everything he could, resetting a few things and was successful in leaving test messages a couple of times. He even called us back so we could check everything was working properly. Once we thought that everything was working correctly and said thanks to Dave we again tried calling our Home phone with a cell phone. That was when we heard a ringing sound coming from the direction of our Turbo Hub (Wireless Home Phone System). It’s not supposed to ring but the phone is. Then we suddenly heard the sound of an open phone line behind the printer we could see where it was coming from. 
Here you can see the speaker on this charging/relay base.
We had never used it as an answering machine before.
Probably hit the answering button with the base of the handset by accident.
Being in tight quarters in the trailer we have the Turbo Hub plugged into the main charging/relay station for our cordless Home phones sitting on the back of a table holding our printer. Since we always had the answering service with Bell we never thought that the cordless phone had a built in message center. When we checked we the message center we found all the lost Voice Mail that we had missed since the middle of last week. What probably happen was when we put the phone back on its charging station behind the printer we accidentally turned the message center on by hitting the button with the base of the phone. We spent the next couple of hours getting back to all our message senders. 

After lunch the area Humidex jumped to 108 F (41 C) thus making it too uncomfortable to be outside. Kathy spent some time reading while I did some data entries on the computer. As the time got close to supper Kathy remembered we needed groceries. 

We were soon off to Amherstburg with our first stop being Canadian Tire to deal with the tree that is dying. Of course nobody there knew what the store policy was so they photocopied our receipt so the store owner will deal with it tomorrow or Thursday. 
So far all attempts to medicate the tree on the right have failed.
We stopped at McDonalds and tried one of their new sandwiches for our supper and we even topped that off with a sundae which helped us to cool down. It was already 6:00 by that time so it worth eating out. 

We spent the next hour and a half getting groceries at Walmart and the No-Frills grocery store. By the time we got Home with everything from our list unloaded and put away we were happy to stay inside for the rest of the evening. Our phone is working just fine tonight and we’ve already received several calls. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy! 

It’s about time.

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened." 

Sir Winston Churchill

No comments:

Post a Comment