It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Windows 10 and Rescheduling Visits.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Both Kathy and I were suddenly awakened this morning shortly after 6:00. There was no storm and the alarm clock was definitely not set. What happen was there was a momentary lapse in the electrical power leading into the building but as fast as it went off it came back on. Most of you might ask how would we be able to notice something almost unnoticeable by most others? Kathy and I both have Sleep Apnea and we sleep with the use of CPAP machines and if there is no power we are gasping for our next breathe which wakes us up. 

That used to happen to us when we’d be in campgrounds and the power would go off for extended periods throughout the night. To remedy the problem we purchased a Pure Sine Wave inverter that I wired to special plugs on both sides of our bed. In our present trailer I also ran an additional plug to the rear bedroom that our good friend Bill used for the same reason. Since adding the inverter we have never been awakened gasping for air in the middle of the night again. Too bad I couldn’t install something like that in our apartment. 

After completing our morning reading this morning one of the comments had suggested going through Rick’s blog post in order to access the new Windows 10 update. Working on Kathy’s machine I finally got it started but when I went for lunch it appeared the computer had locked up when I returned. (Kathy’s computer even though it is the newest has a bad habit of doing so.) I left it for an additional hour and nothing seemed to move so since the Escape method would not work I removed the power source and restarted the computer. Naturally all the upgrade was lost. 

I restarted the upgrade and once I’d accepted the Terms of Agreement I went to watch a movie with Kathy. Every commercial I would check the progress being made and was shocked to find it again stopped at the same spot. Instead of resetting the computer I simply left it alone but continued monitoring it. Three hours later the progress had finally changed by one percent. 

Kathy and I enjoyed our supper watched the 6 o’clock News did the dishes and when I checked the computer it had completed its upgrade. If I’d just left the computer alone it would have been finished hours earlier. As others have mentioned some of the Icons have changed and we’ve adjusted a few things but so far Kathy says the computer is working better than it did under Windows 8.1. 

Our son Gary called this morning and we rescheduled our missed get-together for the Labor Day long weekend. This evening I spoke with my sister Anna in London about possibly seeing her on Wednesday for supper. Kathy had wanted to go store walking today but that didn’t happen and I didn’t get anything done on the trailer either. RVer’s plans are written in Jell-o aren’t they? We’ll see what tomorrow brings. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Pictures taken in
North Carolina.


Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You have been physically restrained at a PTA meeting.

1 comment:

  1. The Windows 10 install does take a long time, but works easy just set it up and walk away.

    ReplyDelete