It's about time.

Many of you that can relate to this. Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Wednesday, August 5, 2015


Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Just because we needed to get an early start to today’s road trip we decided to set the alarm so we’d be on the road at a reasonable time. Just because we set that alarm both Kathy and I had a restless night of pretravel sleep. When the alarm went off at 6:30 neither of us really wanted to get up but we knew that some very special people in our lives were anxiously awaiting our arrival. 

It was nearly 7:30 by the time we rolled out of the building parking lot onto Tecumseh Road where we immediately came to a stop due to a construction crew digging a massive hole in the middle of the road. In just under five minutes we were gradually weaving our way towards Highway 401that runs from Windsor through Ontario all the way to the Quebec border. 

As per usual we made it to the first Service Center at Tilbury when what we’d consumed for breakfast was ready to make an exit. That also gave us a chance to stretch our legs and to grab another coffee to combat our early morning wake up. 

We’d been on the highway for over an hour and had gone through two more construction zones that only resulted in a speed reduction. A few miles later we ran into a ten mile stretch that was heavily blanketed in fog. As quickly as it had appeared the fog was gone and replaced by sunny cloud covered skies that helped to lower the outside temperatures. 

After weaving our way north on Wellington Avenue through the city of London and two more construction zones we arrived at our first destination around 10:30. We were there to visit my aunt Anna and uncle Bob. The conversation didn’t stop until we realized it was past noon hour. Since Bob has severe COPD and is on constant Oxygen he wasn’t in the mood to go out to eat. So after taking orders my aunt Anna and I drove to the nearest Swiss Chalet and picked up our chicken dinners to go. The conversation once again continued until throughout the meal until it was time for us to leave at 3:00. We’ll see them again before we head south for the winter. 

After a quick phone call to verify that she was still in town it was 3:30 when arrived to visit with my sister Anna at her home. She is presently waiting for a call from her daughter whose mother-in-law is losing a battle with Pancreatic Cancer. At that point she would not be home for some time. As with my aunt and uncle the conversation never stopped as we got caught up on what all our families are doing. When we noticed it was past 6:00 we went over to Eastside Mario’s where again the conversation continued as we ate. It was nearly 7:30 when we bid our farewells before starting our return trip home with intended visits again before we head south. 

The traffic flowed nonstop throughout our return barely slowing through the construction zones because there were no workers present. The sun gave us quite a show as it set across the horizons of the Ontario farmlands. 

We finally arrived back at our apartment around 9:30 after having driven 235 miles today which the car ran flawlessly. We managed to get some nice pictures of the drive but totally forgot to take pictures of our visits. It’s the family bond and love that makes it all worthwhile. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.


One night at the insane asylum, an inmate shouted, "I am Napoleon!"

Another one said, "How do you know?"

The first inmate replies, "God told me!"

A voice from another room shouted, "I did not!"