It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, June 23, 2015

More Frustrations and More Accomplishments.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

With the sounds of thunder booming loud enough to wake me around 1:00 this morning I thought for sure that Kathy would be awake for the rest of the night. I was up by 8:00 this morning and had most of my morning reading completed by the time Kathy rolled out of bed. Luckily because of all the restless nights of sleep that she had been having lately she was so tired that she slept like a rock last night. That meant she didn’t hear the storm at all. On the Weather Channel there were reports of heavy storm damage that was caused not only in our area but in most of southern Ontario. 
After sending an E-mail to Rand McNally about the incorrect shipping label I found a new one this morning inside my Inbox. After attaching it on the parcel we waited until after lunch to go drop it off at the UPS depot. Imagine how I felt when I arrived at 1:30 to find out that their hours for receiving parcels was between 7:00 to 11:00 in the morning and 3:00 to 7:00 in the afternoon.


Kathy and I went walking at Walmart for some exercise. There I ran into Steve a Millwright that I used to work with. He finally managed to retire this last May. Glad he could get out while he is still healthy. Later I ran into Glen an old friend that had disappeared from sight for a few years. I hardly recognized him as he’d lost over a hundred pounds. Continuing our walk around the store we managed to scratch a few more things off of our Cxxxxxxxs list and we also wrote down ideas for other things that we’ll pick up at a later date. 

Back at the UPS depot I had to fill in a two page shipping report before they would send it out because it was being shipped Internationally. I never have all these problems with the other shipping companies. 

At the apartment we worked together to recreate leftovers from the fridge for supper. Kathy spent some time making some cookies after supper and tomorrow will be a lot busier than today ended up being. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Tonight's pictures taken at 
The Biltmore Estate in 
North Carolina by Kathy
at the end of May.


Krackers

You Might Be a Redneck If

You have more TV channels than dollars in the bank.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous photos, Kathy.
    You would think a big place like UPS would be open from 7-7...non stop!

    ReplyDelete