It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Shopping and Another Setback.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario.

Last night when we were having tea with Pauline after supper I didn’t realize the one I was drinking was not Caffeine Free. I found out the hard way when I spent most of the night staring at the ceiling, having short naps and then walking around the apartment. It was not totally bad because after one short nap while I was walking around the apartment I found Kathy sleeping in the recliner in the living room. She was once again suffering with plugged sinuses from all her allergies that have been bothering her the last couple of days.

We did manage to sleep in until 8:00 but were finished eating our breakfast of toast with Rhubarb sauce before 9:00. The Weather Channel showed that the Heat Index was already near the mid 80’s and by this afternoon would be in the mid 90’s. My plan was to work on the mud flaps but I was missing something so I went out to the truck to search for it. I found the container that it was supposed to be in empty before I realized I had used it a short time back on something else. While I was out there I also noticed an unusual tire wear on the inside dual so while I took a closer look something inside told me to kick the tire and when I did I wasn’t too happy because the tire was flat. 

After I returned to the apartment I explained what I needed to do and that it didn’t look like I’d get to my job this morning so I asked Kathy to come store walking so she could get some exercise this morning. We ended up at Liquidation World, Princess Auto, Walmart, and Home Depot before stopping at Taco Bell for lunch. Another stop at Canadian Tire was made before heading back to the apartment. Everything that we purchased including groceries were all on a list that we had made before we left the apartment this morning. 

Just walking from the car into the building had the sweat running down our backs. Once inside Kathy needed a Snap (short nap) because of her disturbed sleep last night and her new medications. I brought the last of my purchases to the truck and decided that I’ll just get out there as early as possible in the morning now that I have all my parts. Because of the high temps we’ll just have to be flexible with our plans. 

I read the blogs that I’d missed this morning while Kathy worked on making herself a spreadsheet so she’ll know when our different memberships are due for renewal. Tonight for supper we finished the left over Lasagna and Pumpkin pie that we had for supper last night with Pauline but no tea. 

Tomorrow I’ll have to get outside as early as possible to work on the truck before we do anything else. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

What does an elephant do when he stubs his toe?

He calls a toe truck.

No comments:

Post a Comment