It's about time.

Many of you can relate to Working long hours at your career. Raising your families. Buying a home and paying all the bills related to being homeowners and parents. We're now retired and don't need all that work and expense. Now "It's about time" and what we do to follow our dreams.

Thank You for Following our Blog.

Thank You for following this Blog

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Patients, Patients.

Our Location today is Tecumseh, Ontario, Canada.

Last night I left no precautions out of making certain that I’d safely get to bed without further injury to myself. Again the pain that was caused by that simple act of lying down continued to help my body want to sleep for the purpose of healing itself. By 8:00 this morning we were both up for a breakfast of toast and coffee and watching the Weather Channel while we ate only to confirm that it was going to be another scorcher today.  
The Hot Springs in Thermopolis Wyoming is where Kathy would like to be.
Shortly after 9:00 we were on our way to Kathy’s family doctor as she wanted to see how Kathy was doing on her new medication. We arrived before the appointed time so they simply took Kathy in earlier. The doctor not pleased with Kathy’s lack of response to the medication chose to raise her dosage which confused Kathy somewhat.  So she asked me to explain to the doctor exactly what her present dosage was because I do up her medication Doucette and her dosage change has to be increased or decreased in gradual increments.
Deselate Beauty.
After leaving there we made a few more stops at Vehicle Venture and at Staples both of which proved fruitless. It was now after 11:00 so we stopped at A&W where we used another two for one coupons that allowed us to eat for ten dollars. 
Perfect setting for a cabin.

By the time we stopped at the Shoppers Drug Mart for Kathy’s added dosage of her medication Kathy noticed that I was in pain. The burning and pain to the incision had not stopped since Sunday night and I was starting to wonder if I might have done some serious damage to the incision. She had me sit while we waited for the prescription to be filled. 
As soon as we were in the apartment Kathy had me call the surgeon’s office. I explained what had happened to the receptionist and was told to come in before 5:00 today. I got washed up and was sitting at the computer reading all the morning blogs that I hadn’t gotten to yet when the phone rang. It was the surgeon’s receptionist asking me how fast I could get there. 
Kathy and I were out the door in less than five minutes thinking that if the surgeon wanted to see me that fast something could possibly be terribly wrong. It seemed as if all the traffic lights were on our side and we were across town and pulling into the doctor’s parking lot in less than ten minutes. After only a ten minute wait the surgeon who just walked in from the hospital came into the examining room. Again repeating what I’d done and a close examination of the incision he explained what he had done and what probably happened the other night.  
Feeling a sense of relief knowing what I was experiencing should be considered normal we decided to eat out. Again we used a two for eleven dollars and we each had a three piece chicken meal at KFC and we were very full by the time we left.  
With more time on our hands we went next door to Walmart where Kathy was just looking for ideas for Christmas Gifts. She was finding what she was looking for and on sale to top it off; but she said it was too early to start her shopping. I told her that it would cost her more as the date got closer so why wait besides we have a Christmas account that money from every pay-cheque we get goes into the account. So with only 183 days until Christmas we have officially started our shopping. You can never start too early, now can you? 
Tomorrow should be slightly less busy. With everything we have to do it makes you wonder how we accomplished anything while we were working. Thanks for following along and feel free to leave a comment. Be Safe and Enjoy!

It’s about time.

Krackers

Office Jokes, Quotes, and Anecdotes

Co-worked: When you are doing something at work that is not work-related that requires your full attention, such as playing a video game, and co-worker suddenly pops in forcing you to make it look as if you are busy and hide your game (such as with alt-tab). After the co-worker leaves, you typically return to your video game to find your character dead.

urbandictionary.com

5 comments:

  1. Glad the recovery seems to be progressing on schedule, but tell your surgeon, no about of pain is normal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad everything is healing! Christmas shopping? Oh my, we gave that up years ago!

    Have a wonderful Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My dad had a hernia operation in Feburary. When we got home in the middle of April he still wasn't healed. I took him to the doctor, and he told us this was normal. The man is 85...why didn't the surgeon tell him this is normal. My dad worried for nothing. So glad you feel some relief knowing this is "normal." Could have saved you some grief if you knew ahead of time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always prefer to be safe than sorry. Good thing you called the surgeon, even if everything is normal, now you can relax. I hope the increase in Kathy's meds does the trick for her. :)

    ReplyDelete